Hacking Copying Games from my Wii U external Hard Drive to a Hard Drive for a different Wii U

Damo93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

sorry if that issue has already been discussed here but i didnt really find an actual answer.

So at the moment I am setting up the Wii U of a friend for homebrew.

My question though is, is it possible to somehow copy the stuff I have installed on my hard drive that I have set up and use for my Wii U to the Hard Drive that is going to be used with his Wii U ?

As fas as I have read into this, this apparently seems to pose quite the problem which I didnt expect tbh.

If this however was somehow possible, a lot of time would be saved.

Hope you can help me with this and thanks in advance !

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am setting up the Wii U of a friend for homebrew.… is it possible to somehow copy the stuff I have installed on my hard drive that I have set up and use for my Wii U to the Hard Drive that is going to be used with his Wii U ?

AFAIK Wii U formatted drives can only read by the console that formatted them, not any other Wii U or computer. You will need FTPiiU Everywhere on both consoles. Then you can use it to copy things from your console to a computer, then from your computer to the second console.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure your games inside the external harddrive when plug in to another wiiu will prompt to format..
but then again,..i might be wrong

Damo93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AFAIK Wii U formatted drives can only read by the console that formatted them, not any other Wii U or computer. You will need FTPiiU Everywhere on both consoles. Then you can use it to copy things from your console to a computer, then from your computer to the second console.

Oh ok, didnt know about that possibility but i guess that would fix it.

Thanks !

im pretty sure your games inside the external harddrive when plug in to another wiiu will prompt to format..
but then again,..i might be wrong

Yeah exactly thats what I am thinking too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them