Hardware Copying EmuNand from one SD card to another from a hidden partition ?

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I'm running a Emunand on an SD card with a second hidden partition and I want to migrate it over to a much bigger SD card, I created the same hidden fat32 partition on the new card but how do I now copy the Emunand over to the new SD card ?...obviously in windows with the 2nd partition being hidden I can't access it with the normal Windows 10 tools.

So my question is how do I access the first SD cards hidden partition and copy everything from the hidden partition over to the new hidden partition on the 2nd SD card ?

I should probably add I want to keep my first SD card fully working also so I end up with 2 SD cards with the same

The first time I used the Windows DD utility and DD command to copy it, so would i use the same application to do it again ? I've searched online but I'm not sure what command I would use ?

Many thanks :)

Last edited by lucky13,

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I'm running a Emunand on an SD card with a second hidden partition and I want to migrate it over to a much bigger SD card, I created the same hidden fat32 partition on the new card but how do I now copy the Emunand over to the new SD card ?...obviously in windows with the 2nd partition being hidden I can't access it with the normal Windows 10 tools.

So my question is how do I access the first SD cards hidden partition and copy everything from the hidden partition over to the new hidden partition on the 2nd SD card ?

I should probably add I want to keep my first SD card fully working also so I end up with 2 SD cards with the same

The first time I used the Windows DD utility and DD command to copy it, so would i use the same application to do it again ? I've searched online but I'm not sure what command I would use ?

Many thanks :)

Hi guys

I have done even more research and can't find anything..can anyone help ?

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so just for info in-case anyone else wants to migrate there EmuNand across from a smaller SD card onto a much larger SD card like I have...which I'd imagine is alot of people then all I did was fire up the same mini tool partition wizard I used from this original guide here https://gbatemp.net/threads/emummc-setup-win-linux-quadboot.541152/

This amazing little app also allows you too copy a partition ( even if it is hidden ) so I used this to copy the hidden partition across from one SD card to the other...it really was that easy :)

Hopefully that will help someone :)

Hekel_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so just for info in-case anyone else wants to migrate there EmuNand across from a smaller SD card onto a much larger SD card like I have...which I'd imagine is alot of people then all I did was fire up the same mini tool partition wizard I used from this original guide here

This amazing little app also allows you too copy a partition ( even if it is hidden ) so I used this to copy the hidden partition across from one SD card to the other...it really was that easy :)

Hopefully that will help someone :)

I’ve just bought a bigger SD card today and I’d like to keep all I’ve got on mine (emuNAND included) and just use the extra space.
Basically I’d like to clone my SD to a bigger one, keeping emuNAND working .

Did you achieve that? If so , mind just writing a very brief how-to?

Cheers :)

Last edited by Hekel_UK,

TheyKilledKenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I’ve just bought a bigger SD card today and I’d like to keep all I’ve got on mine (emuNAND included) and just use the extra space.
Basically I’d like to clone my SD to a bigger one, keeping emuNAND working .

Did you achieve that? If so , mind just writing a very brief how-to?

Cheers :)

Sorry for late reply, but give a try to EmuTool, it is a Windows program to backup and restore the Emu in various format.
Create a 30Gb partition on the new SD and restore your emu.
With the current version don't try to activate the emu, it is already activated and bootable

check here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...er-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.