Copy/transfer installed Eshop VC game to other 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by psvpwner, Jan 6, 2016.

1. psvpwner
    OP

psvpwner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    Hey, I have an old launch/ambassador 3DS that's still on 4.5 (updated it online way back in the day so it does have the browser) that I never did any hacking to. I bought some Eshop VC games on it back in the day before NNID was a thing, so I guess they're sitting there as encrypted files on its SD card. Is there any way I can copy/move individual games to any of my other 2DS/3DS systems running CFW (except for using system transfer of course)? I do have Cubic Ninja but no Gateway or anything like that.

Last edited by psvpwner, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You can't do it unless you system transfer.
    Although you could probably use FunkyCIA to make them into .cia and see if they can be installed on your CFW. Might require further modification of the .cia and I wouldn't be able to help with that.

Why do you not want to use system transfer anyway? You could just get emunand on that 3DS, update it to 10.3, make a backup of emunand and Nintendo 3DS folder on the target 3DS, then do a system transfer.
    If you have a NNID associated with the target 3DS it should just add the VC games or any other eShop purchases to your NNID, and you should be able to re-download everything.
    Then you should be able to restore the backup you made so you dont lose any games you had installed or save files you already had.

Or you could find them as .cia on download sites and install them.

3. psvpwner
    OP

psvpwner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    Yeah I've been looking into FunkyCIA, might end up using that one.
    I guess I could use system transfer but I think it's a little over ambitious for just a few games, seems like a lot of things to do.

Thanks for the answer :)

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Does system transfer wipe the origin 3DS? I cant remember.

5. psvpwner
    OP

psvpwner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    Yeah.