Hacking Copy savegame from pre-installed Pokemon Sun to new CFW sd card

stevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone,

first of all I would like to say thank you for all the helpful guides here which enables even a beginner like me to get a CFW on a 2DS. I really appreciated it!

So, now to my question: I've bought a 2DS coming with a pre-installed version of Pokemon Sun on a 4gb sd card. Yesterday I installed a CFW on my 2DS using a new 32gb sd card which is now required to boot the system. As I loved to play Pokemon Sun I would like to transfer my savegame from the old sd card to the new one.

• I've read about JKSM - but I don't know where to start. If I boot up my 2DS in order to use JKSM the new sd card needs to be inserted. However the savegame is - knowing from what I've read - stored on the old sd card. How can I use JKSM to backup the savegame of the old sd card which can't be inserted while using the CFW?
  • If I manage to import the old savegame: Is this savegame only compatible with the pre-installed version of Pokemon Sun that I can re-install from Nintendo's eShop or would it also be compatible with a original version of Pokemon Sun which I could buy on a cartridge and dump it to the 2DS?
  • Noobish question: The 2DS actually is the same after installing a CFW. Meaning the folder "Nintendo 3DS" on the new sd card containing the same 32bit-hash named folder as the "Nintendo 3DS"-folder on the old sd card (not the secound 32bit-hash named folder which is regarding to the sd card). So I my opinion (as hashes has not changed through the CFW) the savegame actually had to be compatible afterwards. My question is, if it wouldn't be possible to just identify the Pokemon Sun folder and copy it to the new sd card.

Thank you in advance for your help! Please excuse my bad english. If anything is unclear I'll try to describe it in a better way.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone,

first of all I would like to say thank you for all the helpful guides here which enables even a beginner like me to get a CFW on a 2DS. I really appreciated it!

So, now to my question: I've bought a 2DS coming with a pre-installed version of Pokemon Sun on a 4gb sd card. Yesterday I installed a CFW on my 2DS using a new 32gb sd card which is now required to boot the system. As I loved to play Pokemon Sun I would like to transfer my savegame from the old sd card to the new one.

• I've read about JKSM - but I don't know where to start. If I boot up my 2DS in order to use JKSM the new sd card needs to be inserted. However the savegame is - knowing from what I've read - stored on the old sd card. How can I use JKSM to backup the savegame of the old sd card which can't be inserted while using the CFW?
  • If I manage to import the old savegame: Is this savegame only compatible with the pre-installed version of Pokemon Sun that I can re-install from Nintendo's eShop or would it also be compatible with a original version of Pokemon Sun which I could buy on a cartridge and dump it to the 2DS?
  • Noobish question: The 2DS actually is the same after installing a CFW. Meaning the folder "Nintendo 3DS" on the new sd card containing the same 32bit-hash named folder as the "Nintendo 3DS"-folder on the old sd card (not the secound 32bit-hash named folder which is regarding to the sd card). So I my opinion (as hashes has not changed through the CFW) the savegame actually had to be compatible afterwards. My question is, if it wouldn't be possible to just identify the Pokemon Sun folder and copy it to the new sd card.

Thank you in advance for your help! Please excuse my bad english. If anything is unclear I'll try to describe it in a better way.

1. JKSM is actually what you need, since Sun was pre-installed, the save are in the extdata on your old sd.
Since you need your 32g sd to boot I suppose you have installed A9LH, look for "sdless A9LH", you'll find what you need. (did you follow Plailect guide to install your CFW?)

2. No the save will be compatible. You can re install from eshop.

3. There is something about decrypting save (needing JKSM), someone with more knowledge may come to confirm.

Last edited by Molina,

stevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Molina,

thank you very much for your answer! SDless A9LH was a great advice. So now my 2DS boots up without a SD card - perfect! :)

However - sorry for being noobish - I'm a bit confused. To install JKSM I need FBI. So I could install JKSM on my new CFW SD card.
  • Using CFW SD card: I could start JKSM but while I'm using JKSM I cannot switch SD cards. But I have to use JKSM while using the old SD card (as Pokemon Sun's savegame is installed here) where JKSM is not installed.
  • Using the old SD card: As mentioned I can't launch JKSM. As FBI is not available having the old SD card I also can't install JKSM on it.
Do you know what I can do?

Last edited by stevius,

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Molina,

thank you very much for your answer! SDless A9LH was a great advice. So now my 2DS boots up without a SD card - perfect! :)

However - sorry for being noobish - I'm a bit confused. To install JKSM I need FBI. So I could install JKSM on my new CFW SD card.
  • Using CFW SD card: I could start JKSM but while I'm using JKSM I cannot switch SD cards. But I have to use JKSM while using the old SD card (as Pokemon Sun's savegame is installed here) where JKSM is not installed.
  • Using the old SD card: As mentioned I can't launch JKSM. As FBI is not available having the old SD card I also can't install JKSM on it.

Do you have an HBL access with your old sd (dumb question, technically yes)? There is a .3dsx of JKSM, meaning you can launch it through HBL.

edit: FBI have a .3dsx too, it always good to have it in HBL.

Last edited by Molina,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Molina,

Seems like there's nothing stopping you from using 3dsx, so you may as well launch homebrew and run this (Direct Download Link)

EDIT; I've been Ninja'd :ph34r:

stevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, wow, wow - thank you so much! It did work!

Well, there was no access to HBL on the old one so I ran Soundhax again to launch it. After that it was no problem using the .3dsx and back it up. I think the rest should be no problem (in contrast to the long Nintendo eShop-Download :P) .

So again, thank you. Yet, my 2DS is just perfect :D

Reactions: Molina

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end