Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I played my Zelda A Link Between Worlds and have a retail save. I am on sysnand firmware 9.0. I dumped my ROM and copied it to the microSD in my red Gateway cart. I am now trying to backup the saved game. I have done that in Gateway, but when I launch my 3DZ file, it does not show the saved game.

How do I play my saved game while booted into emunand mode?

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1- Backup Retail Game save using NTR CFW, Gateway backup DON'T WORK !!!
2- Create a new save in Gateway Mode with the ROM version.
3- Copy .sav file on 3DS SD and rename it to 000400000FF40A00.sav to avoid SDF bug.
4- In Gateway Mode, enable game ROM with multi-menu then launch SaveDataFiler.
5- Export CTR save then connect 3DS SD to PC and overwrite SDF backup files with NTR backup files.
6- Now DELETE both ROM .sav file and 000400000FF40A00.sav.
7- Back in Gateway Mode, use SDF to import ROM game save to CTR.
8- Now copy newly created 000400000FF40A00.sav and rename copy to ROM save file.
9- Done :yaynds:

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't understand half of what you just said. I downloaded NTR CFW, but it looks like it will overwrite existing exploits, per it's download page?

I will do some googling to see if I can translate that. Thank you.

lbknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- Backup Retail Game save using NTR CFW, Gateway backup DON'T WORK !!!
2- Create a new save in Gateway Mode with the ROM version.
3- Copy .sav file on 3DS SD and rename it to 000400000FF40A00.sav to avoid SDF bug.
4- In Gateway Mode, enable game ROM with multi-menu then launch SaveDataFiler.
5- Export CTR save then connect 3DS SD to PC and overwrite SDF backup files with NTR backup files.
6- Now DELETE both ROM .sav file and 000400000FF40A00.sav.
7- Back in Gateway Mode, use SDF to import ROM game save to CTR.
8- Now copy newly created 000400000FF40A00.sav and rename copy to ROM save file.
9- Done :yaynds:
Whenever i dump my retail cart there is only one file named 0 in the folder and its 238kb. Is this normal? Ive dumped it 4 times using NTR. i do get the green screen flash twice as im supposed to.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, I didn't understand half of what you just said. I downloaded NTR CFW, but it looks like it will overwrite existing exploits, per it's download page?

I will do some googling to see if I can translate that. Thank you.

that guide actually seems really straightforward to me. which steps didn't you get? I wouldn't mind simplifying them for ya

lbknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that guide actually seems really straightforward to me. which steps didn't you get? I wouldn't mind simplifying them for ya
Do you know why i would only have one file after using NTR? On step 5 when he says copy SDF backup files with NTR backup files, i would only have one file.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know why i would only have one file after using NTR? On step 5 when he says copy SDF backup files with NTR backup files, i would only have one file.
You overwrite the matching file in your SDF export with the file you got from NTR-CFW (they should have the same name). Then you re-import with SDF.

lbknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You overwrite the matching file in your SDF export with the file you got from NTR-CFW (they should have the same name). Then you re-import with SDF.
The file i get when i dump the game save has a 0 file name that's 238kb. It doesn't seem to be dumping correctly. Any ideas?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file i get when i dump the game save has a 0 file name that's 238kb. It doesn't seem to be dumping correctly. Any ideas?

What files do you get when you export your save from the cart file with SDF? If NTR-CFW is generating a "0" named file, then there should also be a "0" named file in the export from SDF. This is the file you would replace.

lbknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What files do you get when you export your save from the cart file with SDF? If NTR-CFW is generating a "0" named file, then there should also be a "0" named file in the export from SDF. This is the file you would replace.
I found the 0 file in the SDF folder. Looks like i also wasn't moving the dpad to the right to import to ctr. Its working great. Thank you for your assistance.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i also have a problem with getting my Zelda majora's Mask save to work from retail,

i too have the Ctr -- Broken-- issue.

also does NTR CFW work on 2DS?

i backed up my save using the GW menu.

if i can use NTR to backup my save then it's good but if not then i'll have to find another way to get my save to work.

lbknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also have a problem with getting my Zelda majora's Mask save to work from retail,

if i can use NTR to backup my save then it's good but if not then i'll have to find another way to get my save to work.
I dont believe NTR works with 2DS. The requirements say New 3ds. At least for NTR 2.2 version i used.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

GW backup save do not work with SDF, you must use NTR, 2.x for New 3DS or 1.x for Old 3DS and 2DS (not sure about 2DS).

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
GW backup save do not work with SDF, you must use NTR, 2.x for New 3DS or 1.x for Old 3DS and 2DS (not sure about 2DS).

yeah, it sucks that the saves that gw menu backs up doesn't work at all well with SDF :(
when i try to use my retail save with the retail backup of majora mask it just says the save is corrupt erasing all data,
the save is perfectly fine but the gw menu screws it up :( .

um, the NTR CFW 1.x is for old3ds + 2DS, um can i use ntr cfw 1.x via cn on my old3ds that is on fw 9.5-22?

if ntr cfw doesn't work on 2ds then i don't know how to get my retail save to work on my major mask retial backup?

but i still can't get my retail save to work with my backup.

power save maybe?

also i fixed the CTR --Broken-- issue,
by making a rom save then remaining that to GW card .sav
and no more ctr--broken-- for that game. :)

also if 2 +3 step are needed to first do rom save then reman to sdf so to avoid the bug then the save guide that liomajor posted will work?

D

Deleted-19228

Was there another homebrew tool to do it? I remember reading a guide somewhere to convert your saves using rxtools

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there another homebrew tool to do it? I remember reading a guide somewhere to convert your saves using rxtools

The only method I can think of involving the current methods in rxTools would involve generating XORpads for your SD card contents (not sure if these can be used to decrypt saves as well as content on the SD card, but still, this would only apply to eShop content, not retail saves). Currently, on rxTools 2.4, you can't run ANY homebrew as of yet, only legit content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: