Copy of FriiDump already compile for OSX?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djcraze, Jul 4, 2008.

Jul 4, 2008
  1. djcraze
    OP

Newcomer djcraze Advanced Member

United States
    Hello, I am having trouble compiling FriiDump for OSX. Does anyone know where I can find one already compiled?

Thanks,
    Kyle

2. AvEnGeR-X

Newcomer AvEnGeR-X Advanced Member

Australia
    Why can't you use virtual PC to run it?

Download the windows version of it here: FriiDump 0.4

Macs need Virtual PC, Linux needs Wine and Windows needs windows.

3. Jabcecle

Newcomer Jabcecle Member

United Kingdom
    Virtual PC is crap unless you have a quite powerful Mac. Plus you'll need a copy of windows. If you have an intel Mac I would suggest using Crossover or Wine.

4. djcraze
    OP

United States
    im using VMWare, but the rip speed is taking 7 hours at 512mb/h O_O.. im thinking it may go faster if I'm not emulating/virtualizing.

5. sblur

Newcomer sblur Member

If you're running VMWare Fusion 2.0 beta, go into Preferences and make sure "Enable Debugging Checks" is turned off. It runs MUCH faster with that turned off. If you're not running a beta version of VMware then this is already turned off.

A Mac port would require a few hours worth of work, as the source depends on the Linux CD-ROM headers. I would assume this would need to be switched to whatever the Unix equivalent is. WINE is not an option here, as I believe it wouldn't have direct access to the CD hardware. Your only other alternative would be installing Windows directly via Boot Camp.

6. djcraze
    OP

United States
    Ok, im running the beta... and it has seemed to speed up somehow.. I kept getting this "Arithmetic error" and then decided to try and clean the disk which (knock on wood) has solved the problem.. Haven't gotten the error yet..

Thanks,
    Kyle