Hacking Copy games from external drive to new drive

spockllp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been searching around for this problem and I haven't really seen anyone else with this problem. I have about 40 games on a external hard drive and I am looking at trying to move them from that drive to a new bigger external Seagate desk 1Tb external drive. When I use WBFS manager to do a clone or drive to drive copies it says everything went find and that it copied the files but when I try and play the games they all show up under the USB loaders (I have tried with usb loader gx, uloader and cfg loader) but when I load a game it sometimes comes up with the wrist strap screen and then goes directly to a black screen and freezes there or sometimes depending on the game it will go to just a black screen right away after loading. My wii is a 4.1U and I have hbc 1.0.6 and am running cios rev 14 I have tried rev 13b and 10 but none of those work or seem to make any difference.

It seems that there is something happneing when I am copying from drive to drive that is corrupting the files because I can add my discs to my hard drive without a problem and they will continue to play but if I add a game to my old hard drive and copy it over using the wbfs manager it gives me the same problem.

I have also tried using the wbfs_file.exe program in the command prompt screen but it came up with an error I don't remember now what it is and I can't get it to come up again when I type in the all files command it hessitates for a couple seconds and then just comes up with the next prompt like I didn't type anything in.

I also tried wbfs intelligent gui and that just kept giving me critical errors and and didn't do anything when I tried to copy from drive to drive.

Any ideas on what I should try?

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
You could try my app here or maybe Wiimm's? Looks like you've tried just about everything else
smile.gif

Try reformatting the new drive first too.

Edit: ncWBFSTool is another one you didn't mention..

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the the looks of it with WBFS Manager 3.0 which is what i use u can clone a drive to another ext drive. dunno about selective copying though

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damingraham said:
from the the looks of it with WBFS Manager 3.0 which is what i use u can clone a drive to another ext drive. dunno about selective copying though
i have also transferred games from my old hdd to a much high capacity hdd and WBFS manager never failed me. i did not use the clone option but copied my game by batch. as far as i remember i transferred 3 games at a time to eliminate error during data transfer. besides most probably cloning option at WBFS manager is best maybe with same capacity drives...not sure though. but try copying by batch like what i did before. so far no issues after doing so.
smile.gif

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive done both Clone and Selected games to copy with WBFS Manager 3.0 and havent had a problem, thats with 160+ games, if you dont want to clone the whole drive, hold Control (ctrl) and select the games you want, ive done 3, 10, 160 games

spockllp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off thanks for the responses and idea. I have tried the clone option and that didn't change anything I have also tried adding just a couple of games at once like 2 or 3 and that didn't work either. I will try the other wbfs software you have here and report back with my findings.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the games were playable on the original drive in the first place?

I've also used the clone feature from wbfs manager 3.0 on a few separate occasions to transfer 200+ games at a time and never had any issue with them not playing.

spockllp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work with your app fig2k4. Thanks for your help. I did reformat my drive completely doing the full reformat into two partitions one 630 and one 300GB I then formatted my hard drive from the wii for whatever reason it gave me an error when I tried to do it through your program but then I plugged both hard drives in to the computer brought them up under you app with out a problem copied a couple games over at first and they all worked so I copied the rest and haven't had a problem since.

I also tried your program with a buddy of mines hard drive that I hadn't formatted fully ( I just did a quick format) and his hard drive also worked with your program so it must have been something with my system and the wbfs manager software I was using before.

Thanks again for all you help and for the great app!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.