Copy all contents to new 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by iSynthz, May 23, 2017.

1. iSynthz
    OP

iSynthz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    Hey everyone, i just bought a new 3ds. It's mint, fresh out of the box and i have another one that has a lot of e-shop games, cia games and homebrew. I would like to copy all those things to the new 3ds.
    The original one is a old 3ds xl with AR9LoaderHax and Luma.
    The new one, is a new 3ds xl mint, haven't even turned it on.
    Also, i've seen something about a new Hax or something like that, can anyone explain me that? I've been away from the scene for some quite some months. Thanks for the help.

2. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    https://3ds.guide

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Do the above on the new console. Then so a system transfer, then use tikShop to batch install tickets so the pirated games show up on the new console afterward.

TheCyberQuake, kehkou and pixelmasher like this.
  4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Couldn't you just dump title.db and movable.sed, and once the other 3ds is hacked just import those files and copy Nintendo 3ds folder to the new sd?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Doesn't that run the risk of both consoles being banned if online at the same time? And it's a little more technical. But yeah that's another option!
    Edit: you would also lose Activity log and Mii Plaza progress if you did that. That may or may not be important.

6. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    iirc you are also able to backup the save data for system apps using something like JKSM.
    You should also be able to format the old console to prevent any bans. But I could be wrong as I've never had the chance to test a transfer with this method.

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    if you do a system transfer after the hack then you can just copy paste the files from the old 3ds scdard to the new one... or move it if it's a micro sd

8. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    System Transfer is easier.
    Manually dumping files and restoring them along with moving the SD is faster (at least in my experience)

9. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    should always dump saves to be safe but as far as game data goes it's optional to send that over wifi, so it shouldn't take very long then you can just move the sd contents with a pc. i think.