Copy 3DS cartridge save data for Eshop releases?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rubejb, Oct 5, 2012.

Oct 5, 2012
  1. rubejb
    OP

Newcomer rubejb Member

United States
    Right now I have the physical cartridge version of both Super Mario 3D Land and Zelda:OoT 3D. I'd like to eventually be completely digital so I don't have to carry around a bunch of carts. Is there a way, either through a hack or flash cart, to copy save data from the carts I have in order to put them on the SD card for use with the Eshop versions?

Thanks!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Nope. Any sort of save transfer will likely be done through Nintendo itself, if it decides to do it.

3. CollosalPokemon

Member CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

United States
  4. rubejb
    OP

Newcomer rubejb Member

United States
    Ah, thanks for the quick responses.

That's cool they're going to do it but unfortunately it won't really help me. I want to sell or trade in my physical copies fairly soon in order to get the most back out of them. Guess it's a good excuse to start over again!

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Why don't you just buy the eShop releases, transfer the save files and then re-sell the physical copies afterwards?
    You don't have to buy the eShop release at the same time as you are selling the physical copies, y'know.

6. rubejb
    OP

Newcomer rubejb Member

United States
    Yeah, I realize this. But like I said, I want to get the most for them. As time goes on the games go down in value.

And really, I don't need my saves all that bad. Mario 3D land I've pretty much fully completed, so restarting is actually a good thing. And although I'm only partway into the Master Quest on OoT, I don't mind playing through that again either.