Copy 1st N3DS-A9LH Games to 2nd N3DS-A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by alaindesjardins, Jun 3, 2016.

1. alaindesjardins
    OP

alaindesjardins Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    United States
    I'm sorry if I missed it, but after looking around I could not find the answers I was looking for. I recently hacked a N3DS to A9LH (will refer to this one as 1st) and installed a ton of games using tickets from Shameless. My wife decided she would like a N3DS so I am giving her my 1st and bought myself the N3DS Hyrule Edition (will refer to this one as 2nd)from GameStop. I would like to leave the 1st one the way it is and copy all the games to my 2nd one that I just hacked to A9LH.

What process do I follow to copy the games from 1st to 2nd? I was under the impression that I could backup sysnand and sd card on 1st, do a system transfer to 2nd, and then restore sysnand and sd card back on 1st to put it back to its original form. I was told on IRC that system transfer doesn't transfer all the tickets so I'm now trying to find out if there is a guide on how to or if there is a sure shot way of doing this.

If someone can point me in the right direction or give me a quick run through of how this is done I would greatly appreciate it. It would come in handy for when my other family members want one as well and instead of downloading 80 gigs of data I can just clone my systems games to a new set.

Thanks

2. alaindesjardins
    OP

alaindesjardins Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    United States
    For anyone wondering, I did a sysNAND backup, and then did a system transfer on the source 3DS. After the system transfer completed I restored sysNAND on the source 3DS. Copied the Nintendo 3DS folder from the source 3DS (1st) onto the destination 3DS (2nd) SD Card. After doing this, I install all my tickets with FBI and my games showed up.

3. alaindesjardins
    OP

alaindesjardins Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    United States
    Update: Looks like my friend code was cloned as well and couldn't figure out a way to change it or regenerate it like it does when you format and start over... which I ended up doing. If someone else can chime in on a better way to transfer games from one A9LH 3ds to another A9LH 3ds without having to redownload them from CDN it would be great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice