Copy 1st N3DS-A9LH Games to 2nd N3DS-A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by alaindesjardins, Jun 3, 2016.

1. alaindesjardins
    OP

alaindesjardins Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    United States
    I'm sorry if I missed it, but after looking around I could not find the answers I was looking for. I recently hacked a N3DS to A9LH (will refer to this one as 1st) and installed a ton of games using tickets from Shameless. My wife decided she would like a N3DS so I am giving her my 1st and bought myself the N3DS Hyrule Edition (will refer to this one as 2nd)from GameStop. I would like to leave the 1st one the way it is and copy all the games to my 2nd one that I just hacked to A9LH.

What process do I follow to copy the games from 1st to 2nd? I was under the impression that I could backup sysnand and sd card on 1st, do a system transfer to 2nd, and then restore sysnand and sd card back on 1st to put it back to its original form. I was told on IRC that system transfer doesn't transfer all the tickets so I'm now trying to find out if there is a guide on how to or if there is a sure shot way of doing this.

If someone can point me in the right direction or give me a quick run through of how this is done I would greatly appreciate it. It would come in handy for when my other family members want one as well and instead of downloading 80 gigs of data I can just clone my systems games to a new set.

Thanks

2. alaindesjardins
    OP

alaindesjardins Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    United States
    For anyone wondering, I did a sysNAND backup, and then did a system transfer on the source 3DS. After the system transfer completed I restored sysNAND on the source 3DS. Copied the Nintendo 3DS folder from the source 3DS (1st) onto the destination 3DS (2nd) SD Card. After doing this, I install all my tickets with FBI and my games showed up.

3. alaindesjardins
    OP

alaindesjardins Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    United States
    Update: Looks like my friend code was cloned as well and couldn't figure out a way to change it or regenerate it like it does when you format and start over... which I ended up doing. If someone else can chime in on a better way to transfer games from one A9LH 3ds to another A9LH 3ds without having to redownload them from CDN it would be great.