COP: The Recruit 10 minutes of footage

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've already seen a trailer for this game. It's a "competitor of GTA" to quote an early hint before it was announced at E3. It certainly looks like it, but we'll see if the gameplay holds up. It's a fully 3D sandbox style game and unlike GTA DS which had an overhead view, this one has a camera that behaves closer to the console GTA games. Basically, it looks like "what if GTA were on PS1 or N64". Anyways, 10 minutes of footage was taken by cam on the E3 show floor. Checks it out-

I won't lie that these GTA sandbox games aren't my kind of game. They are good games, but the genre just doesn't click with me. However, I will try this game anyways just in case my mind changes someday.

No release date yet except TBA 2009.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
HOLY, looks sick
tongue.gif

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks really nice but as i'm watching i can't help but feel there are control issues as well as camera issues. Oh well, graphics are really nice though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, they sure make no bones about ripping off GTA outright, but it looks impressive, in that it looks about on par with GTA III in terms of quality. Of course, it also looks kinda barren. There are a lot of peds, but not many cars on the road at any given time. Still, the city looks surprisingly large and fleshed out.

Nice find.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well, I guess the engine is very decent for a DS game. The title and story however ... ugh, it's sounds like a cheesy 80's TV action movie.
unsure.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
as long as the gameplay is gr8... storyline not much of a problem for me... i mean when u see such graphics for the ds, it says something very loudly and tht is tht gta chinatown could have been better graphically
looks more like driver 3 for the ps (though it wasn't) ... is this really ds or wii?? (though someone mentioned ds) and 2009 is not bad thus most probably december

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
as long as the gameplay is gr8... storyline not much of a problem for me... i mean when u see such graphics for the ds, it says something very loudly and tht is tht gta chinatown could have been better graphically

Not really, if they'd chosen to go 3rd person perspective and create a 3D liberty city as such, then the game would have had much less content due to cartridge space on the DS, and also the city wouldn't have been as big or as lively. Rockstar has a certain level of quality to live up to, it's fine for 3rd party games like this (well, at least Ubisoft is 3rd party to me) but I liked GTA:CW just as it was

P

pasc

I knew it ! I knew I recocgnized their graphic style, I knew it from Driv3r from the GBA.

Velez and Dubail are back
moogle.gif

Their Website:

http://www.vd-dev.com/

I hope this game has better handling than the other games they made....

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Well the game doesn't look too bad actually. Looks like a proper sandbox game. Only thing that the driving seems to be absolutely pain. Can't drive a long distance without crashing into something or sliding like driving on ice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.