Cooling fan for the Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by BadAnimal, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008

Cooling fan for the Wii? by BadAnimal at 3:06 PM (1,008 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. BadAnimal
    OP

Member BadAnimal Advanced Member

United States
    Is it necessary?

Buy.com has this one for $7.99 today.

Nyko Wii Intercooler - High-Efficiency Snap-On Cooling Fan

I confess that I have never felt my Wii while using it and it does sit in a tight spot in my entertainment center. (OK no jokes about those statements! [​IMG] ) So, I don't know how hot it might be getting.

I've had the Wii since XMas and had no issues so far.

$7.99 seems like a cheap insurance policy if it actually helped the unit.

2. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    Do you use Wii Connect?
    The only issues I have had with my Wii are when it is using Wii Connect where it overheats and one time burnt out the GPU. As for this item helping, I got no idea.

3. Geek72790

Newcomer Geek72790 Advanced Member

United States
    get it, I have had my Wii for about a year, had to send it in twice for the burnt GPU, (First less than a month after I got it) and another time about a couple months later. (It had plenty of ventilation.)

Bought an Intec Intercooler, hasn't had problems since, had to upgrade to a newer model of Intercooler since my old one was getting loud, and this one is tons quieter but at the cost of a little more heat, but still it will only get warm, not burning hot like it gets without the intercooler.

All my GPUs burnt because of Wiiconnect24, unless you are using Wiiconnect24, it is pointless to have one.

WELL worth the investment, Unlike the 360s ones that have been known to break you 360s, but I plan to get one of the newer model Intercoolers for the 360 once they come out.

4. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Well I've had my Wii for a year now. I'm also using WiiConnect24. I don't have a cooling fan.
    And i've had no problems.