Cool '3D + Hax' Video thanks to the power of Dolphin!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Voxel, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Voxel
    OP

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Hey, guys!
    Not posted on "Wii - Emulation and Homebrew" yet, so I'll start off with a short-but-sweet video showing the true power of what Dolphin Emulator can do! If you are a fan of the emulator, there may be some secrets you don't already know about! The video shows how you are able to replace textures, enable gecko and AR codes (may be a bit obvious), and render the game into a 3D mode!
    See it for yourself! This video shows Sonic Colors with a Green Sonic, 3D rendering, and Gecko codes:

It's a really awesome project, I must say! If you haven't indulged in the amazingness of Dolphin Emulator, then I strongly recommend getting it! However, be sure to follow the rules of piracy! Never download Wii/GCN ISOs that you don't already own in the form of a legitimate disc.
    Have fun! :yaywii::yaywii::yaywii::yaywii:

2. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I've been playing wii/gc games in VR on the Rift DK2

3. caboyzcoti

caboyzcoti Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Have you tried red steel 2 in the rift? That sounds pretty sick. I wanted to get the dk2 but I just never pulled the trigger on it.
    I want to try the wii 3d with mario galaxy on my projector!

4. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2011
    Bursa
    Wow! 3D mode is really awesome! I've already played LoZ-WW in HD mode years ago before LoZ-WW HD was released, and it really was an awesome experience.

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I really want to get a Rift just for this, mostly because when I saw the 3DS 3D photos of MadWorld and how amazing it looked in 3D.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I did this a bit too, was planning on playing through Paper Mario 2 on it and then just kinda forgot. PM:TTYD looks amazing on it though :D
    Get one once the consumer version is out :)

7. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    That's what I'll probably be doing, but I'll also need a better computer because I only have integrated Intel graphics. I can run Dolphin fairly well, but my computer stutters because it only has an i3.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That's probably a good idea.
    The Rift needs a pretty beefy gaming PC, as it has to render everything twice, and even minor stuttering will be very noticeable and jarring, and can even cause motion sickness. I run it on my gaming laptop but it's not optimal, Dolphin works well but most things actually made for the rift are a bit stuttery.