Cooking Popcorn

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was bored last night and we had a bag of uncooked popcorn. So I thought what the heck, I'll cook it on the stove. So I googled it and someone recommended to put a lid over it (I figured it was because they would probably jump out of the pot...)

So I dumped a little bit of cooking oil in there, little bit of kernels, and let it cook...

Now, the real reason why a lid is necessary...

That pot is a dangerous weapon. When the kernels were popping, oil was shooting out like a volcano. It was like an call of duty battle field and I have been shot multiple times. I still wanted my popcorn so I had no reason to stop cooking it.

I survived...

S

SuperBlooper057

......................................__........................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Sorry, couldn't resist
tongue.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
one would have stopped after almost creating a grease fire...

Lol, but I am not 'one'

Slyakin said:
you could have burned the house down.

oh well.

Exactly my thoughts, would have been the highlight of the weekened! My sister burnt half of her kitched the same way without popcorn!

craplame said:
it sounds like it was very dangerous and kind of painful. was it the microwavable kind or the actual popcorn that you can cook?

It was microwavable, but I took the long route! It was in a transparent kind of bag, almost enough so I can see all the kernel! I didn't realize everytime the kernel popped oil would be firing out of it!

QUOTE(xxteargodxx @ Oct 16 2010, 08:01 PM) you put way too much oil if it was splattering around even with a lid on.

No lid, that was the lesson learned!

QUOTE(Rydian @ Oct 16 2010, 08:59 PM)
killing himself and killing time at the time?

I would be honored if only I can accomplish such a task

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
I think microwavable popcorn already has oil in them.
unsure.gif

but probablt too much, too much oil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...