Cooking Mama!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by marty_mcsly, Jul 22, 2006.

Jul 22, 2006

Cooking Mama! by marty_mcsly at 7:46 PM (1,744 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. marty_mcsly
    OP

Newcomer marty_mcsly Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey Guys,

I have a cooking mama rom and would like to play it on my ezflash II power star cart, I have tried a few games on it and most kinda work. When I try cooking mama - a box with a red outline appears saying something in japanese. I have no idea what it says though, so can't really try to resolve the problem. Anyone else out there tried cooking mama with any success!? I'm going to get an EZFlash IV soon, as I'm hoping its some kind of compatibility problem with the EZFlash II I have right now. Any thoughts people!?..

Cheers,

Marty

2. kennyboy

Member kennyboy GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    well, cooking mama works fine on my ez4 lite.

3. memyselfandi

Member memyselfandi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Maybe it's something with the save type... idk, lol

4. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    The red box with Japanese text is something to do with either corrupt save data/invalid save or something more stupid.

5. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    post the picture here and those with limited japanese (myself included) will try to tell you what it means.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Using EZClient 3.26 I tried it out, I use flashme on my DS'. It worked fine.

Here is a download link for it (7zip archive), included is an updated GBA rom list and an improved translation:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/2670401/a8008949/ezclient.html

Enjoy.

To maintain some semblance to the forum title I remember pulling this rom apatrt the other day and a basic menu translation should be doable (everything is not compressed and is nicely named), unfortunately I have a bunch of stuff to do right now so it will not be me doing it.

7. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    The makers of Cooking Mama have already stated they were going to be releasing
    a English version. Although anything can change.

8. Nestea80

Member Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    gamefaqs has the translations for cooking mama.

9. mrfragger

Newcomer mrfragger Newbie

United States
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/co..._mama_trans.txt

set your character encoding to Japanese SHIFT-JIS. My 5 year daughter's favorite game bigtime.

made a nice PDF of that file...pm me if you'd like me to email it to you. Honestly you should know katakana and hiragana in Japanese. But there are all the food has pictures so at least choosing what you wish to cook isn't too hard to do.

10. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the link mrfragger, I might even put out a translated version after all (if only because it may help languages that will not get it otherwise, speaking of which I had better finish another one I was given).
    Unfortunately gamefaqs does not allow direct linking so would you consider adding "http://anonym.to/?" without quotes to your link.