Converting .xma audio in a lossless playable option (or mp3)

Fefo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
G'day 'tempers.

After looking pointlesly for a lossless rip from Castle Crashers OST, I'm trying to do it myself. However, the file format, xma, remains untouchable and the only info that could be helpful required several unknow tools and odd steps so it was cast aside (like those dreadful .asf).

Anyone more knowledgeable have a more reliable method for converting it? Thank you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generally odd formats (and XMA and asf find themselves in the Microsoft made and directed stable so that applies here) tend to need odd tools to work with. XMA is the one favoured by the 360 and the old XNA game framework so it is better known than many odd sound formats. I still mainly use the old towav program though reading around it looks like you need to flank it with a few more tools these days to account for the different headers.

Is there a particular problem with the soundtrack the devs released to http://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/d62b3bece0125e4ab49c9662429c8833 ? You can get nice MP3 files from that without so much as signing up.

Fefo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Felt like writing "...knowlegdeable, or FAST,..." but it would be unfair to everyone :)

The particular problem with this link is that it was too obvious to find. The bitrate vary greatly, but the quality is "my ears" good. Thanks a lot, bookmarked.

Mental burp here, I'd meant to rant about at3, not asf (which game uses it?). Since it's a closed format which was reverse enginered just now you needed some specific tools to get around it. Luckily with the rev.eng. some at32mp3 can be made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.