Homebrew Question Converting Wiiu Breath of the Wild save for Switch

rorschach86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I would like to transfer my Wiiu BOTW save to switch. I know it is possible from this older thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-transfer-wiiu-botw-savegame-to-your-switch.503176/

So I am having two issues. One is that my wiiu game is on v1.5 but on switch it is up to 1.6. I know you guys can't link to a copy of 1.5 on switch cause that would be considered piracy, but I will try and find it myself. The other issue is that the github link in the previous thread for the Save Converter is a dead link. Does anyone have a link to the converter software please?

jmeurl

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm a new user so I can't provide the link to the software but it's on github called BOTW Save Manager by DeltaJordan.
It worked for me two days ago even if I had a newer version of the game on the Switch. I used Checkpoint to inject the save. Good luck!

rorschach86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! So I found that one as well. But I have no idea how to use it. I have already dumped my Wiiu Save to my PC. I can't figure out how to use the save manager to convert file. Any chance you can write me up a quick guide?

rorschach86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah I see. It says
  1. Select File > Open save > The folder that contains "option.sav".
  2. Click convert and wait for it to finish.
  3. Click Browse to the folder you want to save it to, preferrably an empty folder.
  4. Click Save and the application should write it to the folder.
My issue is I have no idea what I am even supposed to be opening. Like I have the folder that contains option.sav but I have no idea where to put it to convert. There is no .exe or application to open within the download. I must be really stupid cause I just don't understand.

rorschach86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YES!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! WOOH!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok sorry one last question. I ran the converter, says it worked perfect. Is my folder that had the wiiu save now the switch compatible save? Or would it have saved somewhere else? Cause the file types still look the same.

rorschach86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I managed to convert the save file for switch. Dropped it in checkpoint. Restored. But when I launch the game, I see all 8 save files but they are all at the beginning of the game. All my progress is gone....

jmeurl

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How did you export the save from your Wii U? SaveMii?
I had an original save file on the Switch before injecting the converted ones, maybe that helps.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I've done this just now using SaveMii and Checkpoint and the converter linked above, transferred my 1.5 save from the Wii U to 1.6 on the Switch with no issues at all. Thought the converter wasn't saving the files properly until I read the instructions again lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night