Gaming Converting videos to be XBOX360 compatible.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm looking for a program that will take my movies (avi, mpg, etc) and convert it to be XBOX 360 compatible.
I have some avi's that don't work with the 360, but whenever I try to convert them with various programs (like Videora) but a 700 meg avi will come out to like over a gig!

Is there any program or tutorial that won't change the quality or file size (at least keep it pretty much the same size)?

I've looked around but thought I'd ask here, too.

Thanks for any advice!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Have you considered streaming them across your LAN/wireless to your xbox? TVersity can do that, and if they're not in the right format will transcode it on the fly.

Otherwise you could try some program like MeGUI to convert. AVI is just a container also, it could still be any form of video codec inside that, that the 360 isn't supporting. As far as I know the xbox 360 supports divx in avi files, h.264 (in wmv only).

D

Deleted User

Edhel said:
Have you considered streaming them across your LAN/wireless to your xbox? TVersity can do that, and if they're not in the right format will transcode it on the fly.

Otherwise you could try some program like MeGUI to convert. AVI is just a container also, it could still be any form of video codec inside that, that the 360 isn't supporting. As far as I know the xbox 360 supports divx in avi files, h.264 (in wmv only).
TVersity seems like a good choice. A friend of mine is using it an loves it.

The XBox360 also supports h.264 in a .mp4 container if you've installed an update. I don't remember what it's called but it will prompt to install when selecting an .mp4 file for the first time.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I use AVS Video Converter to do all my videos -- I convert them to mp4 isov1.2 format, so they work across the board for the Xbox, PS3, iPhone, iPod, PSP, etc. without having to re-encode. AVS I found had the top quality compared to all of the other converters out there.

I also stream across the network with a dedicated media center PC running Twonky Media Manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1