Converting SNESemul savestate to snesx9 or zsnes format and back

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by getaman, Oct 26, 2011.

1. getaman
    OP

Newcomer getaman Member

United States
    Hi,
    Trying to figure out if there is any way to convert the DS Snesemul savestates (or srm) to any other savestate format for the PC-based emulators like Snesx9 or ZSnes in case I want to play it on the PC (because of the layer problems etc). Also if it is possible to convert it back to Snesemul somehow. I had a few cases when the saves disappeared, so it would be great if I could take one savestate from the internet to continue playing, if you see my point.

2. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Game saves have always directly worked from SNEmulDS to Snes9x/bsnes for me.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Savestates, don't even bother trying. The standard *.srm save files should however be universally compatible in theory. Keywords being "in theory".

4. StarWolf3000

Newcomer StarWolf3000 Member

Germany
    The .srm is the SRAM (Battery Save), which is compatible with almost all Emulators that support this SRAM (tested same files between SNEmulDS, SnesDS, ZSNES, SNES9x, NDSSFC/BAGSFC/CATSFC and bsnes, working in all of them).

These are the only files that can be shared between the Emulators as the Savestates are all using proprietary formats.