Hacking converting out of region eshop 3ds games to cia issue

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've been using godmode9 to convert scene release ehsop games from 3ds format to cia format, the process seems simple enough and every game i converted with the same region as my 3ds works fine but so far no out of region cia conversion work. i just get a black screed with an error message when launching and i have to power my 3ds off.
do i need to do something else to make out of region 3ds to cia conversions work?
i have the latest luma3ds installed and i have tested an out of region cia game which i got from wiiusb helper and it worked fine so i don't think it's a region free issue with my setup.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been using godmode9 to convert scene release ehsop games from 3ds format to cia format, the process seems simple enough and every game i converted with the same region as my 3ds works fine but so far no out of region cia conversion work. i just get a black screed with an error message when launching and i have to power my 3ds off.
do i need to do something else to make out of region 3ds to cia conversions work?
i have the latest luma3ds installed and i have tested an out of region cia game which i got from wiiusb helper and it worked fine so i don't think it's a region free issue with my setup.
This might not be the solution you're looking for, but if you're replacing files, try layerdfs patching. No rebuilding required. Also, the CIA being out of region can't be the issue. A cia can't be out of region if it's your PC. It just wouldn't make a difference.

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's a strange one. the first 3 usa 3ds eshop games i converted would not work but every one i converted since works fine. maybe the first 3 were bad 3ds rom dumps or something.

Reactions: Giodude
General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Skelletonike, Nice!