Hacking Converting NDS to DSIware to CIA?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DS flashcards can not run decrypted DSiware (trust me I tried). And we can already decrypt DSiWare (it has been done, I have 113 fully decrypted DSiWare titles on my PC right now).

Emulation can also be done with No$Gba.

So really Cia is the most important thing (as far as DSiWare is concerned anyways.)
I just wanted to ask about the other way round, ie. DSIWare to NDS :D. Anyways, of course they don't work on a 'regular' DS flashcard, because these run in DS mode. DSi has additional features (camera, f.e.) that are only accessible in DSi mode. There are some retail cartridges that access these additional features, and there should also be some flashcards that can. You will need such a flashcard that is also capable of running DSi enhanced roms (only a selected few are). I'm not sure, but the Acekard 2i might work.

Anyways, could you tell use how to do the .CIA to .NDS conversion?

D

Deleted User

I just wanted to ask about the other way round, ie. DSIWare to NDS :D. Anyways, of course they don't work on a 'regular' DS flashcard, because these run in DS mode. DSi has additional features (camera, f.e.) that are only accessible in DSi mode. There are some retail cartridges that access these additional features, and there are also some flashcards that can. You will need such a flashcard that is also capable of running DSi enhanced roms (only a selected few are). I'm not sure, but the Acekard 2i might work.

You can run most DSi Enhanced titles on a DS flashcart, though. I've ran Emily the Strange - Strangerous (DSi Enhanced) (U) on my R4i Gold just fine.

How much does an Acekard 2i usually cost? I've been wanting to run DSi Enhanced games with the DSi features for a while now.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just wanted to ask about the other way round, ie. DSIWare to NDS :D. Anyways, of course they don't work on a 'regular' DS flashcard, because these run in DS mode. DSi has additional features (camera, f.e.) that are only accessible in DSi mode. There are some retail cartridges that access these additional features, and there should also be some flashcards that can. You will need such a flashcard that is also capable of running DSi enhanced roms (only a selected few are). I'm not sure, but the Acekard 2i might work.

You can run most DSi Enhanced titles on a DS flashcart, though. I've ran Emily the Strange - Strangerous (DSi Enhanced) (U) on my R4i Gold just fine.

How much does an Acekard 2i usually cost? I've been wanting to run DSi Enhanced games with the DSi features for a while now.
Acekard 2i does not support DSi features, so DSi Ehnanced games run in DS mode.
The only flashcard that runs in DSi mode is CycloDS iEvolution.

Reactions: Margen67

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

Nintendo DSi:
1. Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20737085/dsi_srl_extract.zip
2. Copy any and all DSiWare titles you have to your SD card (Note: only works with an actual DSi)
3. Navigate to /private/ds/title
4. Use the executable make sure to use the --nomodcrypt eg. "dsi_srl_extract.exe file.bin --nomodcrypt". You have to use --nomodcrypt to make proper dumps!
5. You now have the ripped (and decrypted) rom from your DSiWare

Nintendo 3DS: (4.x only)
1. Download https://mega.co.nz/#!yJRDyJTB!4XHklwfVbbwbYNdfqUjvdVIHyo5gPUBfAIf78Hu9j0c
2. Get the ID from your DSiWare (If you only copy one to your SD it'll be in SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<UID0>\<UID1>\Nintendo DSiWare\<your game's ID>.bin) (You can also see it on the top screen in BBB or DevMenu but the ID you want to use later is without the 0x)
3. Edit dsiware_InjectTitleIDinMset.py
4. Change
title_ID="4b533350"
to
title_ID="<Your Game's ID here>"
5. Run dsiware_InjectTitleIDinMset.py (You'll need python for this)
6. Copy msetforboss.dat to your 3DS' SD card
7. Use MultiROP-Loader and select MsetForBoss (4x or 6x depends on your FW)
8. Go to system settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile (If it doesn't load reboot and try again)
9. Select "dump DSiWare" and press A
10. You'll now have that one DSiWare title dumped on your 3DS' SD card as dsiware.nds

Last edited by MRJPGames,

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nintendo DSi:
1. Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20737085/dsi_srl_extract.zip
2. Copy any and all DSiWare titles you have to your SD card (Note: only works with an actual DSi)
3. Navigate to /private/ds/title
4. Drag the .bin file(s) onto the executable
5. You now have the ripped (and decrypted) rom from your DSiWare

Nintendo 3DS: (4.x only)
1. Download https://mega.co.nz/#!yJRDyJTB!4XHklwfVbbwbYNdfqUjvdVIHyo5gPUBfAIf78Hu9j0c
2. Get the ID from your DSiWare (If you only copy one to your SD it'll be in SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<UID0>\<UID1>\Nintendo DSiWare\<your game's ID>.bin) (You can also see it on the top screen in BBB or DevMenu but the ID you want to use later is without the 0x)
3. Edit dsiware_InjectTitleIDinMset.py
4. Change to
5. Run dsiware_InjectTitleIDinMset.py (You'll need python for this)
6. Copy msetforboss.dat to your 3DS' SD card
7. Use MultiROP-Loader and select MsetForBoss (4x or 6x depends on your FW)
8. Go to system settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile (If it doesn't load reboot and try again)
9. Select "dump DSiWare" and press A
10. You'll now have that one DSiWare title dumped on your 3DS' SD card as dsiware.nds
Wish I hadn't system transferred my DSi ROMs from my DSi to my 3DS now :angry:

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm interested in this as well.
All it needs to boot DSiWare in emuNAND is to simply modify the TWL_FIRM so it doesn't reboot, no?

The 3DS will always have to reboot to go into another FIRM. You'ld need to either rewrite TWL_FIRM, or patch out sig checks on the fly.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wish I hadn't system transferred my DSi ROMs from my DSi to my 3DS now :angry:

Me too, luckly I still had some on my DSi left.

Google: hcs64 dsiware sdats and go to page 3 then search for "nomodcrypt" download it for ~120 DSiWare decrypted games (in .NDS)

Not just giving the URL for obvious reasons

D

Deleted User

Yes but only legit ones. It patches out sig checks for 3DS so it'll boot but injecting things that are not legit (So normal DS roms and GBA roms) will not load as they are rejected by AGB_FIRM/TWL_FIRM

I thought PastaCFW could run illegitimate ones, too?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes but only legit ones. It patches out sig checks for 3DS so it'll boot but injecting things that are not legit (So normal DS roms and GBA roms) will not load as they are rejected by AGB_FIRM/TWL_FIRM
I thought PastaCFW could run illegitimate ones, too?
Pasta does allow unsigned CIAs to run in a 3DS, so far it's the only way I know to do so.
Perhaps PBT does the same, i think I read it somewhere.

D

Deleted User

Plants vs Zombies is also available as a retail cart

I'm pretty sure that one is different than the DSi Ware title though. I had a friend who the retail cart, and I believe the menus looked different than the DSi Ware version.
That's about it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s