Hacking Converting NDS to DSIware to CIA?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds rather plausible.... I'd have assumed that DSIWare (when bought for 3DS from the eShop) comes in some kind of wrapper that makes it think it's in the correct location.

That brings me to... Has anyone bought a DSIWare game from the eShop? If so, did it install into your NAND or your SD? (easy to find out, as you'd just have to remove the SD and see if it is still there.
Yes, I own shantae riskys revenge and the zelda four swords, they install only on the nand, you can copy them to the sd, but only to store them, not play.

D

Deleted User

OP said no DS games are available as DSi Ware, but I think I saw some Hell's Kitchen one on the DSi Shop thing, and I had seen DS cartridge versions being sold as used at some EB Games. No idea if they're the same though, and I could never buy the DSi Ware version to check, because A.) I'm pretty sure they don't make DSi points cards anymore, and B.) I destroyed my DSi. On purpose. For fun. And it was pretty fun. Oh, and C.) I don't think I saw it on the eShop either.

Anyways, I think maybe you could run DSi Ware titles off the SD card if someone made a program for the 3DS kinda like the Wii's SD Card channel that let you run .WADs off of the SD card, but instead, let you run DSi Ware and converted DS titles from that software, by forcing into either DS or DSi mode and running the software you choose.
Kinda wish Ninty implemented that for DSi Ware on the DSi and 3DS. I hate having to transfer stuff back and forth between my SD card and system memory all the time when I want to play goddamn chess or a breakout clone.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just injected a NDS rom into a DSiWare title (not CIA) and it didn't work. But it did show title and icon in the menu, it just boots into the default error (the same you get with DS mode flashcards that were patched by nintendo) Launching through BBB gives the same error. This leads me to believe that TWL_FIRM has sig checks which NDS roms made from DSiWare have but normal ones don't.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just injected a NDS rom into a DSiWare title (not CIA) and it didn't work. But it did show title and icon in the menu, it just boots into the default error (the same you get with DS mode flashcards that were patched by nintendo) Launching through BBB gives the same error. This leads me to believe that TWL_FIRM has sig checks which NDS roms made from DSiWare have but normal ones don't.
Try injecting a DSi cartdrige game instead of a DSiWare.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just did a simple text hack on DSiWare and injected it, getting a white screen. This leads me to believe only "proper" and "legit" DSiWare in the form of .NDS can be injected :(

Let's hope DSiHybrids/DSi exclusive game cards work.

D

Deleted User

Will do, do you know of any that have a small filesize (as I'm injecting them they need to be the same size or smaller than the "host/orginal" DSiWare title (about 14 megs))
These are the exact titles I copied offa the site I use for DS ROMs:
"Korg DS-10+ (DSi Enhanced) (U)" 1.4 M
"Sushi-Go-Round (DSi Enhanced) (U)" 3.7 M
"Sonny With a Chance (DSi Enhanced) (E)" 5.9 M
"Youda Farmer (DSi Enhanced) (E)" 5.4 M
I suggest using one from your 3DS' region.
Also, there's way more. Too many actually.
Here's a JAP one if you have a Japanese 3DS:
"Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Totsugeki! Mini-Land (DSi Enhanced) (J)" Ew, I got that wrong. It's actually 12 M

Reactions: Margen67

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
These are the exact titles I copied offa the site I use for DS ROMs:
"Korg DS-10+ (DSi Enhanced) (U)" 1.4 M
"Sushi-Go-Round (DSi Enhanced) (U)" 3.7 M
"Sonny With a Chance (DSi Enhanced) (E)" 5.9 M
"Youda Farmer (DSi Enhanced) (E)" 5.4 M
I suggest using one from your 3DS' region.
Also, there's way more. Too many actually.

Alright I will try one of those, usually takes a little while though so I will post results as soon as I have them.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The decryption of DSiWare title to convert them to normal .NDS files is way more important than converting .NDS to .CIA.
Why?
Because of emulation purposes, and don't forget that DS Flashcards might be able to run them as .NDS too.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The decryption of DSiWare title to convert them to normal .NDS files is way more important than converting .NDS to .CIA.
Why?
Because of emulation purposes, and don't forget that DS Flashcards might be able to run them as .NDS too.

DS flashcards can not run decrypted DSiware (trust me I tried). And we can already decrypt DSiWare (it has been done, I have 113 fully decrypted DSiWare titles on my PC right now).

Emulation can also be done with No$Gba.

So really Cia is the most important thing (as far as DSiWare is concerned anyways.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DS flashcards can not run decrypted DSiware (trust me I tried). And we can already decrypt DSiWare (it has been done, I have 113 fully decrypted DSiWare titles on my PC right now).

Emulation can also be done with No$Gba.

So really Cia is the most important thing (as far as DSiWare is concerned anyways.)
Really?
You do have .NDS versions of DSiWare titles?
I would like to see that. :P

In that case, if you have them installed you can create the CIA out of it.
I don't think a proper NDS<->CIA conversion might be possible without some fancy injection methods.
Size limit is an issue too.

D

Deleted User

So, can pretty much any file that can be ran on a 3DS be converted into a .CIA?
Because, I think I've seen all of these file types be converted into .CIA:
*.3DS *.3DZ *.ELF *. NDS
And a few others, too.
Anyways, have you tried injecting a .NDS file that was extracted from another DSi Ware file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1