Hardware Converting mp3s to AAC for Wii Photo Channel

pimpyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title states, I'm looking to convert some mp3s to the AAC format to make them compatible with Wii's Photo Channel. Unfortunately, I can't downgrade to 1.0 because 1.1 was preinstalled on my Wii. I don't need to batch convert or anything - just would like to play around with some audio on the Wii. Thanks in advance!

raz--

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Itunes supports aac encoding. Btw a quick search on google would have point this out
lecture.gif

Right click a file in the playlist and choose encode in aac
wink.gif

Enjoy,
raz--

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My preferred tool is megui used as a frontend to Nero's encoder (it is freeware):
http://x264.nl/ (megui)
http://www.nero.com/eng/nero-aac-codec.html (nero AAC)

Be careful when selecting options though as it may be incompatible with the wii (I do not know what profiles and features are supported and have had the occasional fun and games with the lousy AAC of the ipods)

Also if possible go from a fresh rip or lossless.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I use iTunes too. Just set up what you want to convert to in the Settings > Importing pane, and then right-click on a song and click "Convert to AAC...".

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tried super a week ago, but all the converted aac (from mp3) would not be played back on my Wii.
What setting did you use for it to work?

I haven't actually used it to do what you are wanting to. I don't use my Wii for anything but gaming, so I can't tell you. I just knew SUPER to be a great prog. Sorry I can't give you any info.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I haven't actually used it to do what you are wanting to.
I agree its a nice piece of software, but you propably need a certain setup for Wii music files. I haven't found the correct settings yet (and don't test anymore).
itunes converted files play good but I don't want to install that on my computer!

Also Uploading my personal MP3 files to a *.com website to convert it to Wii files is no option for me too. I am kind of paranoid and don't want to "harm" the music industry
wink.gif

So does anybody know a free software that converts media files easy and conveniently to Wii compatible AAC files?
Does anybody know the specifications an AAC file must meet to play back on Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: