Hacking Converting G6 Lite saves to M3 Lite saves

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to convert my G6 Lite GBA saves(.0) to an M3 Lite GBA save(.dat) for the past couple hours now. And I am having no luck at all. I've tried Shuny's Converter, DSSaveTool, and just rename the .0 to a .sav and writing it to the M3. But nothing is working.

I think it's because of the size of the save. The game save I'm trying to convert is Drill Dozer. The G6 Lite save is 128kb. And all the saves on my M3 Lite are 1mb. And Shuny's tool only turns the save into 512kb. And DSSaveTool keeps the save right at 128kb.

So how do I get the 128kb save into a 1mb save? I found this M3 save converter, but that didn't working either. It only turned the save into 256kb.

If anyone knows of a converter, or how to do this, I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's one of the converters I tried. And actually, I've tried saves from three different slot 1's in the past, and they never worked correctly with that converter. So I've pretty much given up on it.

Thanks for the recommendation though.

The converters I've tried are Shuny's, DSSaveTool, and M3 Savetool. Are there any others that I don't know about, that will actually work with these M3 .dat's? DSSaveTool has always worked for me with other carts. But it's not working with the M3 saves.

I think I need to pad the save to get the size up to 1mb. Then the M3 will read it correctly. But I can't find any info on how to pad saves.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, change the .0 for the G6 Lite save to .sav

then use the m3 lite game manager's save tool to write the .sav to the m3 lite.

It can convert .sav, but it can't convert .0

It works, trust me. It's how I changed my g6 lite saves to my m3 lite

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Because I tried that but it wouldn't work. Destructobot hacked the save I really wanted converted. But I'll try this way again on my other saves.

Thank you.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap! It actually worked now. I just wrote my Rhythm Tengoku and Castlevania 2 in 1 saves straight to the M3. I just renamed the .0 to .sav.

But I know I tried this with my Drill Dozer save. Maybe I was doing something wrong. But these two wrote successfully.

Thanks a lot for the help IAmTheRad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)