Hacking Converting from AceKard2 to iTouch w/ triple loader

BainIthron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going over to a friend's in a little while, shoulda posted earlier, but...

Is there any difference between AceKard2 saves and iTouch/M3 Real/Sakura save games?

And is it just a matter of renaming? or are there technical differences that I need to be aware of?

A bit of searching on this site (at least using search tool) didn't quite net me the results I was looking for. Any help appreciated.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The save files should be compatible with each other without any other means than to rename them properly.

Acekard 2 uses .nds.sav as default while iTouchDS uses .sav so all you really have to do is remove the .nds part from the save files.

Example:

game.nds.sav ==> game.sav

BainIthron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Minox.

@ Whizz: Yes, you can, using either iBoot (I think that's the one I used) or this new Triple Boot I didn't notice before, at the following links respectively:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122285

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128351

Essentially, my friend asks me every Christmas to order him the latest Flash Cart so he can give them /w a brand new DSes to his nephews or nieces. So he was ordering 3 this year (including a new one for his Fiance), and going over prices, despite my recommendations of just going with M3 Real, he decided to go with best-bang-for-the-buck and go iTouch (also, AceKard2 was out of stock on KickGaming). So I got 3 iTouch DSes and loaded them with the iBoot triple loader. The only thing is, the fiance had an AceKard2 before, and she really likes the new Sakura GUI, so I'm going over today to convert her save files over.

Thanks again though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself