Converting EZ3 .sav to EZ4 .sav

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by wombat42, Aug 1, 2006.

1. wombat42
    OP

wombat42 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2005
    So how does one convert an EZ Flash 3 save file into an EZ Flash 4 save file? [​IMG]

I've bought two EZ Flash 4's for NDS execution and want to revert the EZ Flash 3 back to being a GBA device. But my son did have some working NDS games on the EZ flash 3.

I want to get the saves for those games over to the EZ Flash 4. I know I can rename the EZ flash 3 .sav to match the name on the EZ Flash 4 but the biggest problem seems to be either the size or the format of the EZ4 save game. Whether I do a straight copy or try to pad the EZ3 sav file size out to 256KB, the EZ4 doesn't recognise it as a valid save file.

Is there a conversion tool or otherwise simplistic conversion method or do I have to tell him to start the game again from scratch?

2. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    I'm not all that familiar with the EZ3 software, but when you try to dump a NDS save file, unless you can somehow select a 2Mbit size (or you selected that size when you wrote the rom in the first place) it won't work.

3. TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

TEKNOSYSTEKWRX Advanced Member

Jun 23, 2006
    United States
    South Florida
    I had an EZ3 and all I did to get the saves working on the EZ4 was rename the .sav file to match the name of the EZ4 file.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice