Converting EZ3 .sav to EZ4 .sav

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by wombat42, Aug 1, 2006.

Aug 1, 2006
  1. wombat42
    OP

Newcomer wombat42 Newbie

Australia
    So how does one convert an EZ Flash 3 save file into an EZ Flash 4 save file? [​IMG]

I've bought two EZ Flash 4's for NDS execution and want to revert the EZ Flash 3 back to being a GBA device. But my son did have some working NDS games on the EZ flash 3.

I want to get the saves for those games over to the EZ Flash 4. I know I can rename the EZ flash 3 .sav to match the name on the EZ Flash 4 but the biggest problem seems to be either the size or the format of the EZ4 save game. Whether I do a straight copy or try to pad the EZ3 sav file size out to 256KB, the EZ4 doesn't recognise it as a valid save file.

Is there a conversion tool or otherwise simplistic conversion method or do I have to tell him to start the game again from scratch?

2. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    I'm not all that familiar with the EZ3 software, but when you try to dump a NDS save file, unless you can somehow select a 2Mbit size (or you selected that size when you wrote the rom in the first place) it won't work.

3. TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

Member TEKNOSYSTEKWRX Advanced Member

United States
    I had an EZ3 and all I did to get the saves working on the EZ4 was rename the .sav file to match the name of the EZ4 file.