Converting .duc to .sav for Simply

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by thousand1, Feb 22, 2007.

Feb 22, 2007
  1. thousand1
    OP

Newcomer thousand1 Member

Barbados
    is this possible and if so where can i get this convertor? thanks [​IMG]

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
  3. thousand1
    OP

Newcomer thousand1 Member

Barbados
    thank you

4. DeepFriedAsian

Member DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

United States
  5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Run it through the R4/Simply save converter.

6. SoSly

Newcomer SoSly Member

Canada
    hi,

i download a pokemon diamond save file from gamefaqs. it is a .duc file (9kb). I used the G6 converter, and selected the output as .sav. It then converted it to a .sav file that is 256kb. Then i "padded" it by putting that 256kb .sav file through the m3 save converter that came on the CD and I got a 512kb save file. It ended in .m3ds.sav. I renamed it to the rom name and ended it in .sav. I tried to play it, but it doesn't work (i.e. it just goes to when you start a brand new game, i can't load a save file).

Did i do the right steps? Is it a problem with the initial .duc save file? Do I have to keep the .m3ds.sav ending? Thx.

7. Destructobot

United States
    If the rom is named game_name.nds, the save file should be named game_name.sav. If you got that right, it sounds like you did everything correctly.

I'm not too familiar with the .duc files, but it sounds like that might be the problem. There is a save for pokemon diamond up on Dualscene.net, and the .duc file is a bit over 256KB.

8. SoSly

Newcomer SoSly Member

Canada
    still not working [​IMG]

the save file at dualscene came in a zip file with a .duc, .dat and .sav (all were around 256kb). I used the G6 converter to convert the .duc and .dat to 256kb .sav files, then used the m3 save converter to convert those to 512kb .sav files. I used the m3 converter to convert the .sav file that came straight from dualscene to a 512kb .sav file, and still, none of them work. I also tried leaving the .m3dss.sav file ending, but then the m3 doesn't recognize that file when i load it (i.e. it will not detect a save file and ask to create a new one).

ARGH... is it the rom itself?? I can't imagine both save files being corrupt or something.

9. Destructobot

United States
    I tried converting the .0 file, since that one doesn't need to go through the G6 save converter first, and it didn't work. I didn't bother with the others, since you converted them correctly and they didn't work for you. I think all of these saves are bad.

Your best bet is to ask for a save in the NDS - Game Help, Hints and Tips forum.