Hacking Converting a Psn game into A retail game ?

Ghassen-ga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows a simple way to do that ? i have attack on titan Psn version with the fix as a pkg , i really want to convert that into a retail game that runs on multiman..

Ghassen-ga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I wasn't to sure whether or not there was a disk release. Just searched it up.
There is no disk release for the ps3 in the west , just the psn version , and it's 15 gb , so i had to convert that in order to leave some space inside my ps3.
should'nt give false information about things you're not sure of tho.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no disk release for the ps3 in the west , just the psn version , and it's 15 gb , so i had to convert that in order to leave some space inside my ps3.
should'nt give false information about things you're not sure of tho.

Yeah I guess I also make mistakes. Atleast now I know >: )

Ghassen-ga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you please show me how you managed to convert i tried using PSN Liberator and it always shows expired license realy wanted to play this game thx in advance
1 -extract it and put on an Ext HDD , rename the folder to PS3_GAME / OR if you have it installed on your ps3 and you know what you're doing , navigate to your game folder(PS3/HDD/game/gameID) , copy that folder to your External HDD with multiman and proceed to the other steps.
2-open the Param.sfo with an Param.sfo editor , change the category to "DG disc game(Blueray)" and save & remplace.
3-extract the "Fix pakage" and copy the eboot.bin file
4-download true ancestor self resigner version 1.91 , paste the eboot.bin file in the same folder with the resigner ,get the game's rap file , (you can find that on psnstuff, or somewhere on the net , if you don't have it sometimes it works without it ) Now put the rap file of the game in the Raps folder (you find that in the true ancestor folder after you extract it),
5-open true ancestor , click "2" for resign to non Drm eboot , now the eboot is going be resigned , after its done put it back in the game folder where u found it ,and run the whole thing using multiman , with "external" and "Db mirror" options ticked,Now the game plays , enjoy!

P.s if you have it extracted and runing it shows a black screen then it might be an eboot issue , pm me , i will send you the eboot.bin i resigned (:

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

SSShowmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
1 -extract it and put on an Ext HDD , rename the folder to PS3_GAME / OR if you have it installed on your ps3 and you know what you're doing , navigate to your game folder(PS3/HDD/game/gameID) , copy that folder to your External HDD with multiman and proceed to the other steps.
2-open the Param.sfo with an Param.sfo editor , change the category to "DG disc game(Blueray)" and save & remplace.
3-extract the "Fix pakage" and copy the eboot.bin file
4-download true ancestor self resigner version 1.91 , paste the eboot.bin file in the same folder with the resigner ,get the game's rap file , (you can find that on psnstuff, or somewhere on the net , if you don't have it sometimes it works without it ) Now put the rap file of the game in the Raps folder (you find that in the true ancestor folder after you extract it),
5-open true ancestor , click "2" for resign to non Drm eboot , now the eboot is going be resigned , after its done put it back in the game folder where u found it ,and run the whole thing using multiman , with "external" and "Db mirror" options ticked,Now the game plays , enjoy!

P.s if you have it extracted and runing it shows a black screen then it might be an eboot issue , pm me , i will send you the eboot.bin i resigned (:

Excuse me Ghassen-ga, you seem to have managed to make a retail iso of attack on titan psn version. If you can, would you tell me where you got the rap file? I seem to be unable to find it in psnstuff+ or anywhere on the internet. Also, since this method is for making an iso, will it be possible to play on an ODE?

Ghassen-ga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me Ghassen-ga, you seem to have managed to make a retail iso of attack on titan psn version. If you can, would you tell me where you got the rap file? I seem to be unable to find it in psnstuff+ or anywhere on the internet. Also, since this method is for making an iso, will it be possible to play on an ODE?

As for this game, I didn't need a rap file I just patched the eboot.bin that was inside the fix pkg, if you want I will send you my eboot file in a pm soon enough, just paste that inside your game folder and play it with multiman, idk how to convert Games into iso because I never needed them, but you can find multiple tutorials online.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Things are really a hit or miss on converting a psn game to retail.some simple game structure works with simple eboot resigning, some need some hexediting, some need to resign the edat, some dont work at all.

I remember yakuza 5, that no matter what i do it wont work when converted to retail, so i have to do a franken patch to the japanese retail version so i could play it on ODE, yes psn converted to retail works on ode.

Last edited by happydance,
Reactions: Ghassen-ga

SSShowmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Things are really a hit or miss on converting a psn game to retail.some simple game structure works with simple eboot resigning, some need some hexediting, some need to resign the edat, some dont work at all.

I remember yakuza 5, that no matter what i do it wont work when converted to retail, so i have to do a franken patch to the japanese retail version so i could play it on ODE, yes psn converted to retail works on ode.

Thanks for the info, actually for yakuza 5, you can go nnm-club (a russian site) where they are torrenting a yakuza 5 iso us version. I downloaded from there. Or if you like, at maxconsole I asked for the same help with the psn pkg and some members made the game an iso using eboot from the jp version. I think both are worth the shot. Hope you get yakuza 5 working, i loved the game.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm the one who actually made that retail yakuza iso patch for the ODE and posted it there hehe :) the port is not complete yet since I got busy with other translations
I've heard about this ISO made on a Russian form and also they made a retail version of Life is strange, but never actually fond a link to test it out... wel I found a link for life is strange but it's all dead link. life is strange it's one of those game at also fails a retail conversion.

SSShowmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I'm the one who actually made that retail yakuza iso patch for the ODE and posted it there hehe :) the port is not complete yet since I got busy with other translations
I've heard about this ISO made on a Russian form and also they made a retail version of Life is strange, but never actually fond a link to test it out... wel I found a link for life is strange but it's all dead link. life is strange it's one of those game at also fails a retail conversion.

Wow, so you're the one, thank you so much. It means a lot to me, because I love the Yakuza series more than any other game. The nnm-club.me website has torrent files for download. So I think the links will be still alive.

SSShowmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
As for this game, I didn't need a rap file I just patched the eboot.bin that was inside the fix pkg, if you want I will send you my eboot file in a pm soon enough, just paste that inside your game folder and play it with multiman, idk how to convert Games into iso because I never needed them, but you can find multiple tutorials online.

Hey Ghassen-ga can i get those eboot and sfo files please. Also did you not make a disc.sfb file?

mrsuperalberto0

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Mr.Ghassen-ga Could you please send me the shingeki files? I tried to do the tutorial that you left but when loading the game it returns me to the xmb without being able to play it:sad:, pleasssee:rolleyes:.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1