ROM Hack Converting 3DS to CIA and playing online?

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just read Quenos tutorial about converting roms to cias and I saw this:

Does not matter whether .3DS or .3DZ, and scene roms won't need to add 'header' to go online (GW users should know what's I'm talking about)​

I know there is always the risk of bans, but wouldn't that make it more "insecure" to convert a legit 3ds dump with an original header into a cia with no signatures etc. ?
I mean the created cias wouldn't be as legit as dumps with original headers and therefore be more risky to play online with, am I right?

Another question at the edge, is there any way of returning eShop games?
Like on the Google Play Store where you can get a refund within 15 minutes.

Edit: Ok, I googled about the refunds, no refund on digital content.
Luckily in my country there is a cancellation right of 14 days for online shops, so I can test games that way :>
I only have to wait for the game lel, but thanks to Gateway my patience level raised by about 40%, so 3 days for delivery are nothing compared to GW updates huehuehuehue.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
All we know about how nintendo does their bans is just speculation. We have no exact idea on what they actually check.
If you think tinfoil, then yes, cias are more risky than legit dumps with original headers.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just read Quenos tutorial about converting roms to cias and I saw this:

I know there is always the risk of bans, but wouldn't that make it more "insecure" to convert a legit 3ds dump with an original header into a cia with no signatures etc. ?
I mean the created cias wouldn't be as legit as dumps with original headers and therefore be more risky to play online with, am I right?

Another question at the edge, is there any way of returning eShop games?
Like on the Google Play Store where you can get a refund within 15 minutes.

Edit: Ok, I googled about the refunds, no refund on digital content.
Luckily in my country there is a cancellation right of 14 days for online shops, so I can test games that way :>
I only have to wait for the game lel, but thanks to Gateway my patience level raised by about 40%, so 3 days for delivery are nothing compared to GW updates huehuehuehue.

Roms without headers, are almost practically the same.

.cia uses your 3ds secure info as header (or so I shall speculate)

Basically, so far no difference between using personal rom dumps and using scene dumps observed,
As there is no header, hence it does not matter.

As for signature wise, GW ignores it, so that information is presumably not sent by 3ds to servers.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

you might be able to get a refund sure, but usually companies will close your account.
i think that is what sony does, i wouldn't be surprised if it is nintendo too

Reactions: Melon__Bread

Nemmay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All we know about how nintendo does their bans is just speculation. We have no exact idea on what they actually check.
If you think tinfoil, then yes, cias are more risky than legit dumps with original headers.

What does "think tinfoil" mean? Thinking about a word (tinfoil) or possibly aluminum products will make something more risky in terms of getting you banned? u wot m8?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just a heads up iirc nintendo bans the console from eshop forever if you buy a bunch of eshop stuff then do a charge back, and im pretty sure they will remote wipe all the games from your system when you connect to the internet,

so if your just doing it and thinking you get to keep them your wrong, but if you dump them to .cia before they are revoked you could re-install them as cia or convert them to .3ds/3dz

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...