Hacking Convert videos for Nintendo 3DS Online!

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Servers are often set up just for number-crunching, so they'll almost always be at least a bit faster than home computers.

But the upload and download can often take longer than the actual conversion process, tossing that benefit out the window.
Hmmm, wouldn't that depend on how much your paying for hardware? I honestly doubt someone would pay a lot of money just for a 3DS video conversion website lol? unless said servers are already his/hers and are being used for multiple things. Plus, the fact that upload/download makes things slower does make it a less effective system. Also, any sort of problem uploading or downloading the file could could screw up the entire source or result, making the whole process worthless. A person with a decent Phenom II quad or hexacore could probably out pace this entire operation, and those are older CPUs (But the hexacores a are pretty amazing though ;) For people with crazy Internet connections but with horrible computers (which in my opinion is self defeating), this should be pretty good.

Edit: This seems to be a full on conversion site. The hardware should be good, but everything else still applies.

Metab.

Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
That's stupid.
Give me acouple days and If I have time I'll develop a C# program that does that wihout the wait of uploading, maybe even youtube support.

ilikepie641

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are my findings

The online converter works pretty well, with this test video ( http://lop.im/qNYxaJ )
Compared to the format factory way of doing things the online converter took about 5 minutes longer... that being i have pretty crap internet
The videos both look about the same with the format factory settings i used ( http://i.imgur.com/Gae8Oo1.png ) looking a bit better when it comes to aspect ratio
The sound quality when it comes down to it sounds much better with the format factory settings
But here is an issue... The file converted with Format Factory is HUGE compared to the online coverted file ( i think its something like a few hundred to something in the 30 mb range, i don't have the files anymore and don't feel like converting again for this sake )
Another thing that is quite nice about the online converter is the fact that it renames the files for you and also cuts them up into 10 min pieces to over come the apparent 10 minute file limit...

I'd rather use Format Factory but that size issue makes me want to use the online converter
But there are other converters out there that may solve the whole file size issue.
In the end i'd rather just play the videos through some other device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?