Gaming convert save file US to PAL?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it is, I did it with house of the Dead : Overkill. The way I did it was to first get Savegame Manager (waninkoko I think made this, search and you'll find it), and extract the savefile for your NTSC game with it, to your SD Card.

Next, I located my original savegame file (NTSC), in Savegame manager and took a note of the 8 digit number ID beside it. I'm not sure here, but if you cant see the number ID within savegame manager, use any title deleter to find it, by simply locating your savefile as if you were gonna delete it (but dont delete it obviously, just note down the 8 digit ID)

Then, I loaded up my PAL copy of house of the Dead, and played a couple seconds into it, to create a PAL savefile.

Next, I went back into Savegame manager and located the new PAL savefile for House of the dead and extract it to your SD Card (like you did with the NTSC save originally), and proceeded to note down it's 8 digit number ID (like before you may need to use AnyTitleDeleter to find the 8 digit ID, I cant remember if savegame manager shows it or not).

Then, using WiiXplorer, I located the folder on my SDCard that contained the Savegame Manager Savefiles.

Finally, I located the NTSC savefile in that folder (using the number ID, as that is how the folders are named), and simply copied all of the files from within the NTSC folder., and proceeded to then paste those files into the PAL save folder (again, this folder will be named the same as the number ID you noted down). NOTE : Using Wiixplorer you may need to copy/paste each file individually, so you may prefer to do this step on your PC, using a SD reader.

Also, you then need to install the savefile for your new region, through savegame manager, back onto your Wii.

As far as I can remember that was the steps I used to do it. If I have forgotten a something though, all you are basically doing is using Savegame Manager to copy the original savefile to your SD Card, then doing the same for the other region of that game, then simply copying the files from one regions save folder to the other, and finally using savegame manager to install the saves back onto the Wii.

Hope that helps .. Good Luck .. :>

Reactions: anonymoose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    idk my ikea bed is just fine
    comfy too
    same with the markus office chair
    sure, they make cheap crap, but they make good stuff too
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, they make cheap crap, but they make good stuff too