1. A3660537JPN

OP A3660537JPN GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I have a new3DS,which has B9S.
    Corgi3DS requires an old3ds-nand.
    I want to get an old3ds-nand with new3DS-nand without old3ds .
    How can it be converted?

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    English please

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Grumpy Enby

Antarctica
    I am pretty sure there's a crazy roundabout method similar to how we used to flash an old3DS ctrnand to a new3DS in order to install A9LH and dumping that NAND using GM9. I am not sure how possible that really is and there does come with the risk of perma-bricking the system if you mess up (like putting the 3DS into sleep mode and causing an MCU brick,) it also comes with the risk of simply not working. I have no means of testing this method.

A3660537JPN likes this.
  4. A3660537JPN

Japan
    I flashed 2.1.0,9.2.0,and 11.5.0-38J_ctrtransfer_o3ds with godmode9 but nothing worked. It just said "Failed to mount CTRNAND" whether on new3ds or on corgi3ds.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Grumpy Enby

Antarctica
    It might require something deeper in the NAND to work and that's something that a ctrnand doesn't transfer. This is all an educated guess on my end. I rarely recommend this, but you might have a better chance of getting a NAND by asking for one on a piracy site. (Which I can't tell you any of them nor would I advocate doing this)

A3660537JPN likes this.
  6. TurdPooCharger

United States
    OLD 3DS ctrnand *.bin images cannot work on NEW 3DS systems because of differences in the raw image size (old: 757 MB) vs (new: 1.02 GB), series + console specific files (ie, SecureInfo_A|B, HWCAL0.DAt, HWCAL1.DAt), and system titles.

I hope you backed up your n3DS SySNAND *.bin image before you started doing those CTRTransfers.

A3660537JPN likes this.
  7. A3660537JPN

Japan
    Thank you for teaching why it does not work . That made me decide to give up.
    I restored my n3DS SySNAND and it was repaired.

8. TurdPooCharger

United States
    It's technically possibly to kinda convert (or rather transfer) your n3DS stuff over a o3DS nand.bin.

Hypothetically, a person could upload a dummy o3DS nand.bin image stripped and wiped clean of everything except for the nand_hdr.bin (NCSD header), otp.bin (one time password for decryption purposes), SecureInfo_A|B (region and console info), and boot9strap preinstalled to both firm0.bin and firm1.bin.

It might also be possible to build from scratch, said dummy o3DS nand.bin.
    • "Perfect" NCSD signatures can be found publicly
    • OTP, should be possible to use your n3DS copy
    • SecureInfo_A|B, can be borrowed from old 3DS ctrtransfer image.
    • FIRM0/1, the ones on your 3DS can be used.
    Except for old series specific system titles, everything else from the n3DS could be filled in.

I wonder... Could artificially recreating o3DS nand.bin on n3DS be entirely done in GodMode9 using gm9 script? Hmmm. :unsure:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    A3660537JPN likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Convert, new3ds, old3ds