Convert my SD2VITA PS1 games back to PS Classic format?

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have (with forums help) got my PS Vita with SD2VITA working great for my games, have a few of my PS1 games on. However I now have a PS Classic and am going to put BleemSync on it. Quick look around though look like PS Classic uses Bin and Cue files for the games - is this correct?

If so is there a way to convert my games from my PS Vita SD card format (Eboot.pdp files I think) to the format for PS Classic?

thanks

Last edited by MrMrMr,

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They work fine as is. Also Autobleem is easier to setup and in my opinion better than BleemSync.

You mean eboot files work on BleemSync? I don't have to convert?

I heard about BleemSync first, then someone said about AutoBleem. To be honest I've no idea which is best and why, wouldn't mind a comparison.

I want a simple solution, load up PS1 games and RetroArch emulators.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country

I heard about BleemSync first, then someone said about AutoBleem. To be honest I've no idea which is best and why, wouldn't mind a comparison.

Both do the same but Autobleem is drag and drop to the USB Flashdrive. BleemSync is a longer setup but also easy, it replaces some file inside the PS Classic while Autobleem don't. And yes, you can use eboot files without converting, they work fine.

Reactions: MrMrMr

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both do the same but Autobleem is drag and drop to the USB Flashdrive. BleemSync is a longer setup but also easy, it replaces some file inside the PS Classic while Autobleem don't. And yes, you can use eboot files without converting, they work fine.
Ok thanks. Can BleemSync and AutoBleem both use eboot files and not need Bin/cue files?

First I've heard of this that's all, save me a lot of time if so! If they do work on BleemSync do they just add the to interface wheel as standard?

Thanks

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks. Can BleemSync and AutoBleem both use eboot files and not need Bin/cue files?

First I've heard of this that's all, save me a lot of time if so! If they do work on BleemSync do they just add the to interface wheel as standard?

Thanks
Both of them work with eboots and both add them to the interface. Autobleem has a nicer UI called Evolution UI, if you download the full .zip it also has all the covers and it' s just formatting the USB drive to FAT32, label it SONY, drag the contents of the zip file and put your eboots in the games folder, plug the USB drive to the classic and play.
Here is more info
https://psclassicmods.com/

Last edited by yadspi,

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both of them work with eboots and both add them to the interface. Autobleem has a nicer UI called Evolution UI, if you download the full .zip it also has all the covers and it' s just formatting the USB drive to FAT32, label it SONY, drag the contents of the zip file and put your eboots in the games folder, plug the USB drive to the classic and play.
Here is more info
https://psclassicmods.com/

Thanks for links, think I'm going to go AutoBleem now as seems decent enough!

Still reading but can't see about Eboot yet, says *.PDP files but mine are converted with PSX2PSP and so are eboot.bin files?

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for links, think I'm going to go AutoBleem now as seems decent enough!

Still reading but can't see about Eboot yet, says *.PDP files but mine are converted with PSX2PSP and so are eboot.bin files?
Mine end in .PBP and are converted also. If they are converted to eboot they should work fine. Personally I did the BleemSync install, the formatted the USB drive and put Autobleem just to use Autobleem with an OTG cabe behind the PS Classic to use both controller ports on the front.

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just checked and Eboot is a Eboot.pdp sorry!

Just downloaded Autobleem and tried but didnt work. Does the USB drive used have to be USB 2.0? It's a cruiser fit 64Gb.

Did the format to FAT32 etc.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Just checked and Eboot is a Eboot.pdp sorry!

Just downloaded Autobleem and tried but didnt work. Does the USB drive used have to be USB 2.0? It's a cruiser fit 64Gb.

Did the format to FAT32 etc.
They are hit and miss, 2.0 works best yes. The best thing you can to is to buy or use and old USB 2.0 drive,install Bleemsync, buy one of this 2-in-1 Micro USB Cable (OTG Cable + Power Cable):
s-l500.jpg

then use Autobleem on any USB drive.
Here is the guide I followed -

Last edited by yadspi,
Reactions: zfreeman

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

AutoBleem is simpler you just copy files to USB, BleemSync uses web browser portal to configure everything and console should be connected to PC. Also you could use OTG cable to connect USB Drive to the back microUSB port and also connect the power to same cable (splitted). It helps to use bigger drives, but need to have flashed special firmware.

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was just hoping this would work. I will only play single player so not bothered on the OTG, but this cruzer fit is almost invisible. It's a 64Gb version as well so decent space and a spare I have.

So this won't work? Have to find another from Amazon, was hoping to get done today. Unless with BleemSync Ifni find a small that allows flash will my cruzer work for the games afterwards?

Last edited by MrMrMr,

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well found a old microUSB reader and 8Gb card to test.

Got AutoBleem loading, added a game, Ebbot.pbp file in a feet under games.

It's shows on the menu, press to play but doesn't so anything. This same gaem works on my SD2VITA though.

Is it just the actual Eboot.pbp file required in the folder of the game name, no other file?

I've now used the microUSB reader to get BleemSync installed then use my original 64Gb cruzer - is that correct?

Also does the 8bitdo Bluetooth dongle and DS4 work under BleemSync/AutoBleem? Doesn't seem to even though I had them paired under before trying these out?

Thanks

Last edited by MrMrMr,

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Was just hoping this would work. I will only play single player so not bothered on the OTG, but this cruzer fit is almost invisible. It's a 64Gb version as well so decent space and a spare I have.

So this won't work? Have to find another from Amazon, was hoping to get done today. Unless with BleemSync Ifni find a small that allows flash will my cruzer work for the games afterwards?
It IS " just work" but the PS Classic itself is picky about what drives it reads. The OTG thing is not only to have both controller ports free, it also makes any drive compatible, that' s why I recommend it, in the long run it' s cleaner and more efficient.
The eboot.pbp file must be inside a folder, I have the folder and the file with the same name.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 143

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ok. I thought it only needed the first "flash" with a compatible drive and then could use any drive. One used was only 8Gb, so I'll have to buy the cable or another drive.

I just liked that drive as it's so small and fits in and can't see it. I only need 1 player so was perfect. With the OTG will just be messier. Is there a list of drives that work somewhere? Would this work as well (below)

Regarding the game I did put in a folder with its name but just left the file as Eboot.pdp. it picked up the cover art, probably from the folder name then. I'll try and rename the Eboot file name.

Thanks again for help

CY 2pcs 90 Degree Left & Right Angled Micro USB 2.0 OTG Host Adapter with USB Power for Cell Phone & Tablet https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0177VMSLS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Bf-vDbM6PMWRH

Last edited by MrMrMr,

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok. I thought it only needed the first "flash" with a compatible drive and then could use any drive. One used was only 8Gb, so I'll have to buy the cable or another drive.

I just liked that drive as it's so small and fits in and can't see it. I only need 1 player so was perfect. With the OTG will just be messier. Is there a list of drives that work somewhere?

Regarding the game I did put in a folder with its name but just left the file as Eboot.pdp. it picked up the cover art, probably from the folder name then. I'll try and rename the Eboot file name.

Thanks again for help
Yeah, if you don' t want the OTG cable or install BleemSync there' s only 3 solutions, buy a compatible card, buy a Powered USB Hub or open the Classic and solder 2 point on the voltage regulator thing to make it give more power to any drive.
Here is "list" of USB drives that work - https://www.reddit.com/r/Playstatio...ist_of_compatible_usb_sticks_for_ps1_classic/

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for link!

I've installed BleemSync though, sorry just to confirm, it's still picky afterwards though?

What I did is get a 8Gb, did the BleemSync ok stall and works.

Then copied from the 8Gb to my 64Gb Cruzer fit all the files, tried booting but it didn't work. So even though BleemSync installed, it's still picky with USB drives?

Am I correct in reading that you can't use a DS4 in BleemSync either.... I've just bought a 8bitdo to work as well worked on non-moddee classic

Last edited by MrMrMr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs