Convert my SD2VITA PS1 games back to PS Classic format?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by MrMrMr, Aug 15, 2019.

1. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    I have the 8bitdo adapter bur use it on my Switch, haven' t tested on the Classic and yes the drives are picky always on the front USB port unless you mod the motehrboard (very easy but still modding), buy a USB HUB with external power or use the OTG cable I mentioned. Here is mine with a sandisk blade 128gb:
    IMG_0195.JPG

2. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    I've ordered a OTG cable as it's too much mess on as say so then can use my 64Gb cruzer fit.

As it's already had the BleemSync do I just copy the files over now to the new USB, once I get the OTG?

Tried renaming the Eboot on the original USB that worked in front port but didn't work either.

Thanks

3. Uiaad

Uiaad GBATemp's resident guinea pig

Dec 23, 2008
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
    The thing to remember about the playstation classic is that the front USB ports are limited to 100mA as it was only intended to be used with their included controllers, with the power mod 300 mA.

A usb 1.0 flash drive will typically when idle consume 23 mA and 34 at read/write - Sadly USB 1.0 is slow and come in smaller sizes compaired to their 2.0 and 3.0 brethren. USB 2.0/3.0 can draw depending on the size of the drive upto 500 mA, way more than the front ports of the PSC could ever hope to provide.

My personal set up is a 2.5 inch 500gb hard drive in a caddy running though a powered usb hub, which really does work nicely. Oh my other piece of advice - once you have installed Bleemsync and installed the OTG patch, ditch Bleemsync and switch over to Autobleem - they have just relased 0.7 Ultimate ( Named Ultimate because people were put off by the word Beta *eyeroll* from ease of getting games on there and intergration with Retroarch it really is the better of the two especially if you are planning to use it for retro stuff too.

yadspi likes this.
  4. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Yes think I'll wait for OTG cable to use my 64Gb.

I'm happy to use AutoBleem, although if the only bonus is easy load of games it's not too much bother once it's all done. Is the other bonus that it's not a permanent mod as such.

So this is situation I have now. I flashed with BleemSync and so presume I've modded permanent.

If so. Once OTG comes, can I just copy over from the original USB, all the files to 64Gb and then everything will just work from there?

Or do I need to go back to a stock Classic using backup files from BleemSync, and start again using AutoBleem.

Thanks

5. Uiaad

Dec 23, 2008
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
    you can just go and start using autobleem right away

MrMrMr likes this.
  6. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    Yes, once you install properly BleemSync you can copy everything to your preferred drive and use OTG. Also you can just use Autobleem 0.7. The OTG method is the cleanest as you can hide everything behind the Classic and it'll look normal on the front.

MrMrMr likes this.
  7. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Well got BleemSync on and working, in a fashion, with a game.

However my eBoot files are not working. I'm copying the eBoot to a folder of the game name in the transfer folder.

Using an OTG cable, it starts and sees the games, I think, as wizzes through some text.

Goto BleemSync and nothing is there in the menu though.

I put the USB pen in my computer and it seems to have copied over the files to another folder and labelled them 1, 2, 3 etc.

So what's up? Is it only certy eBoot files that work? am I putting in correct folder?

Anyone help please

8. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Still no good. Out of ideas now. I've got BleemSync working.

Put eBoot file into the transfer folder, renaming the eBoot file as the game name.

Start up, BleemSync seems to do the copying etc can see the games with covers on the carousel. Press play on a couple, nothing. Press on others, screen goes black and nothing, have to switch off console.

What's up?

9. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    Hello, I installed Bleemsync only to have OTG, never used it though. After the initial instalation I formatted the drive to FAT32, labeled SONY and copy pasted the Autobleem zip file and the eboots inside individual folders inside GAMES folder.

10. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Ok maybe I'll try that. Just not sure why they aren't working as I presume AutoBleem and BleemSync are pretty similar.

On psclassicmods it says to just put them in the transfer folder and not there own folders, so not sure what I'm doing wrong, unless all the eBoot files are no good. But again they work fine on my Vita with SD2VITA card.

11. Uiaad

Dec 23, 2008
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
    Individual folders are for autobleem and the transfer folder is for bleemsync

12. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Thanks. So on BleemSync I should rename the eBoot to say Syphon filter 2.pdp and put in the transfer folder.

Then connect USB drive, and BleemSync should copy it to the games folder and delete from transfer folder and do is stuff and work?

If so that's what I've done and getting the game showing on the carousel but getting a blank black screen, or just not starting the game. All these eBoot work on Vita.

Thanks

13. Uiaad

Dec 23, 2008
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
    Remember these need to be unencrypted pbp I would test one from another source. I would find a pbp online and test it with that.

yadspi likes this.
  14. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    Completely forgot about that. The Vita can play " real" eboots ripped from the PSN while emulators can' t. You'll maybe have to re-download everything if you have official eboots.

Last edited by yadspi, Aug 29, 2019
  15. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Ah ok....would this be the same for AutoBleem as well?

Is there a way to tell if they are encrypted?

16. Uiaad

Dec 23, 2008
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
    Can you run the pbp's on a pc emulator?

I know there is a ps1 core for retroarch but can't remember which one off the top of my head

Last edited by Uiaad, Aug 29, 2019
  17. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    There are Beetle PSX and PSX ReARMed, both run eboots. You can try your .pdp on any emulator other than the Vita and if they don' t run find unnoficial eboots.

18. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Thanks I'll try that. How come Vita plays them ok?

19. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    Those eboots are official from Sony to play on their PSP/Vita emulator and are encrypted.

20. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Is there a program to run the eBoot file to decrypt it?

Still don't see how they play on Vita as that's still through an emulator on a SD2VITA as well though

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted