Hacking Convert Gen1 (or 2) PKM to Gen 6 (via transporter)

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does any one know how to convert the 67 byte pkm code for gen1 (or gen 2) to like gen 4 or 5 so that they can be transported to bank and then to X or Y.
I'd like to convert some of the pokemon from twitchplays end game save.

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The underlying structure of the Pokemon was rewritten in Gen III. As best I know, there is absolutely no converting from Gen I/II to anything beyond. I suppose you could try approximating the original with PokeGen or the like.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They are not compatible. The best you could do is trying to imitate the IVs, but you would have to leave the EVs at something much lower.

Remember that there was no way to trade them between gen 2 and gen 3.

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there is no official way, I was just wondering if there is a program or something that aproimates gen 1 to like fire red pkm, and like gen 2 to like heart gold soul silver.

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That actually helped, and works to go from gen 1 to 3, now I just need to figure out how to go from gen 3 to 4 or 5.
The most obvious way (to me) would be to transfer the Pokemon to a real Gen. III cartridge using a DS and Rudolph's GBA backup tool, and then just pass them on up through Pal Park/PokeTransfer. You might be able to manage using Pal Park in an emulator, though.

xXMortalKombatXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ouch, now this topic is a reason to restart my childhood by buying pkmn X and transfer stuff from my old gameboy, I hope that the gamecard's battery still has charge otherwise my saves are gone, thank you destiny feather.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr