Convert DS-X .sav into SCDS1 save?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by pesaroso, Jul 31, 2008.

Jul 31, 2008
  1. pesaroso
    OP

Newcomer pesaroso Advanced Member

United States
    Hi folx!

I've recently grabbed myself a Supercard DS One (SDHC), and I love it [​IMG]

However, I'm one of the... fortunate ppl with a DS-X.. I've played -a lot- on it, and have therefore worked up quite a good ammount of .SAV-files.

I tried to just transfer them on my SCDS1, but it won't work.. The game will just start a new savegame, calling it something like SUPERM~.sav, and they're all 512kb in size..

Is there any way I can convert my DS-X savefiles, so they'll work on my SCDS1, or am I doomed? I tried to google it, but all I saw was DSX into R4 save converter..

Thanks a bunch! [​IMG]

(Oh, and another question for those who knows; I followed this guide with the recommended settings and converted a South Park episode today, but it lagged like hell :/ Anything I should.. do?)

Thank you!

2. GX255

Newcomer GX255 Advanced Member

United States
    apparently im having the same problems also. all my saves are coming out with ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ and everytime i back that up and reuse it, it just never works. I have no clue!

3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
  4. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Doesn't Shuny's Online SAV converter let you do that? I'm pretty sure it can convert any types. Not 100% sure, but that's what I know.

5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    That's the converter I linked to [​IMG]

6. pesaroso
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies, folx! [​IMG]

Uhm, I think I might have a wierder problem.. I tried the converter, and the savegame for Big Brain Academy worked like a charm!

BUT! The savegame for Professor Layton and the Curious Village and More Brain Training did NOT work.

I've posted a screenshot of my SCDS1-folder, cause I'm.. confused.

[​IMG]

As you can see, I started More Brain Training and Professor Layton after I tried to transfer the save-files.

Why did my DS-cart make a new savegame with the ~ sign for the brain training and layton game, but not for Big Brain Academy..? :/

This is so strange..

Thank you for your replies!

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The SCDS tends to use the 8.3 naming convention when creating its own saves. Try deleting the one it created and renaming your current one to end with a capital .SAV instead of lowercase .sav. Worst case you can just rename your current save to the 8.3 naming convention, but obviously that won't look too good.

8. pesaroso
    OP

United States
    Doesn't really matter how it looks, but.. All the savegames my SCSD1 creates, is 512kb.. Even if I convert my DSX ones, it still returns 256kb savefiles.. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Still, that doesn't explain why my Big Brain Academy savegame worked, and the others didn't.. :S

9. Shuny

Member Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    *fixes quickly the bug*

You didn't see that bug. YOU DIDN'T.