PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
A .cxi file is really just a .3ds file, so look up 3DS to CIA conversion.

Keep in mind that if you got the cxi from Braindump, the exheader is invalid, which means it can't be used on the 3DS.

[Edit]
Actually CCI (What you know as 3DS files) is what's used on cartridges/flashcarts. CXI's are seperate things found inside the CCI, CIA, CSU files. ;)

Last edited by evandixon,
D

Deleted User

Where did you get the CXI from exactly?

CXIs are CTR eXecutable Images, and I think they are mainly used in Nintendo's official development flashcarts to test out stuff that devs have created.
However, there are only 3 formats that I know you can convert to CIA, and those file types are CSU, CCI, and 3DS. I'm not too sure about CXI.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Keep in mind that if you got the cxi from Braindump, the exheader is invalid, which means it can't be used on the 3DS.
How about doing the opposite of that, .cia to .3ds in case someone uploads only a .cia version of something and not a .3ds along with it?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Where did you get the CXI from exactly?

CXIs are CTR eXecutable Images, and I think they are mainly used in Nintendo's official development flashcarts to test out stuff that devs have created.
However, there are only 3 formats that I know you can convert to CIA, and those file types are CSU, CCI, and 3DS. I'm not too sure about CXI.

Actually CCI (What you know as 3DS files) is what's used on cartridges/flashcarts. CXI's are seperate things found inside the CCI, CIA, CSU files. ;)

D

Deleted-19228

CXI = executable portion inside of 3DS.

This thread was created because someone on the usual places had Final Fantasy Explorers but didn't know how to dump it and ended up using uncart which outputs a CXI which is why everyone needed to know how to convert CXI->CIA

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So if i renamed a .cxi file to .3ds, would that work normally?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol