OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
So you know those questions like...
Well okay heres and example:
I got to go through a tour of googles offices in Australia and i was asking our tour guide person how he got a job and about his qualifications and stuff and he said that in the interview they asked him like obscure sort of questions...I cant remember the puzzle he told me but they like make you think laterally
unsure.gif
(< thats how you say it isnt it?>

anyway post the question then put the answer (if you know it) In a spoiler

EDIT- Found what I mean
smile.gif

http://www.mytechinterviews.com/10-google-...rview-questions

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
I dont really know.
Im like blurghh.
His question was something along the lines of something is on the table and he had to get it off somehow with some sort of restriction of something?
unsure.gif

EDIT- See edit in first post

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You have two wicks/fuses of different lengths, and the only thing you know about them is that they both take one hour to burn their entire length, but at an uneven speed (different segments burn at different speeds; half a wick won't burn half as long). Using those two wicks and a lighter, how can you time 45 minutes?

Light one wick on one end, and the other wick at both ends. When the wick lit at both ends burns out entirely, light the second end of the first wick. When the second one burns all the way through, you'll have your 45 minutes.

A wick burning at both ends will burn twice as fast, so it will take half the time to burn. The one lit at both ends will burn out in half an hour, meaning the other wick will have half an hour left to go. If you light the other end of the second wick at that time, it will burn out in 15 minutes. 30 + 15 = 45 minutes.

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Veho said:
You have two wicks/fuses of different lengths, and the only thing you know about them is that they both take one hour to burn their entire length, but at an uneven speed (different segments burn at different speeds; half a wick won't burn half as long). Using those two wicks and a lighter, how can you time 45 minutes?

Light one wick on one end, and the other wick at both ends. When the wick lit at both ends burns out entirely, light the second end of the first wick. When the second one burns all the way through, you'll have your 45 minutes.

A wick burning at both ends will burn twice as fast, so it will take half the time to burn. The one lit at both ends will burn out in half an hour, meaning the other wick will have half an hour left to go. If you light the other end of the second wick at that time, it will burn out in 15 minutes. 30 + 15 = 45 minutes.

Took me 15 minutes but I finally got it ahahah

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ohh - I think I know the type. I remember something like this a few years back doing the rounds in work.

Are these what you mean ??

Q1: There is a pipe - only big enough for a single man to crawl through - two men enter the pipe from different ends & come out the other side - How come ?
Although the two men entered from the pipe at different ends - it doesn't state they went into the pipe at the same time

Q2: There is a house with 4 North facing walls & a bear is running towards it.
What colour is the bear ?
Where on earth would you find a house with 4 North facing walls ?
The south pole - so the only type of bear that you would see is a polar bear

Q3: A avid coin collector friend of mine showed me a very rare coin dated 1563 BC, said it cost a fortune to get it. I told him it was a fake but he wouldn't believe me.
Why did I know the coin was a fake ??
The coin was dated 1563 BC. meaning 'before Christ'.
How the hell could a coin maker know when Christ was going to be born ??

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Ohh - I think I know the type. I remember something like this a few years back doing the rounds in work.

Are these what you mean ??

-snip-
Q3: A avid coin collector friend of mine showed me a very rare coin dated 1563 BC, said it cost a fortune to get it. I told him it was a fake but he wouldn't believe me.

Yep thats what I ment
smile.gif

I got number 3 instantly
wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
CannonFoddr said:
But what if the coin had been made by someone precognitive?
tpi.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
A boy got past the semi-finals of a contest by defeating his father. During the finals, his opponent dropped out of the contest, saying "I can't fight him! He's my son!" How?
The finalist is his mother (OR, his father's life-partner/husband)

A man loaned 3 dollars from his friend to take a taxi ride home, even though yesterday, he had 2 million dollars in his hands. What is the man's job?
Something in a bank.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CannonFoddr said:
Fat D said:
Good luck finding polar bears at the south pole.
OK - so I got that one wrong... I WAS working from memory... & I'm getting on in my years, so it's not in the best tip top condition
dry.gif
wink2.gif
I'm already familiar with that one, so I recognised that the walls should face south before I finished reading it.

He's walking down the stairs of a hospital. His wife is on life support and there is a power cut, and backups fail, which causes the lights to go out. The life support also cuts out and she dies.

He's playing Monopoly.

[title:There are two twins whose birthdays are two days apart. The younger twin's birthday is the first of the two. Why is this?
(They are each other's twins, otherwise you could just say they're two different sets.)]It's a leap year. During labour the mother was travelling. The older twin was born on March 1st, and then they cross a date line, where the younger twin was born on February 28th.

His transport (horse, donkey, hovercraft, whatever) was called Wednesday.

I love conundra.
(Especially the morbid)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello