OP
Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobsgame/bobs-game

"bob's game" is a Multiplayer Adventure RPG for PC, Mac, Linux, and Android (Phones, Tablets, OUYA, nVidia Shield, Kindle TV, and more!)

"bob's game" is a forerunner and founder of the indie games movement, originally announced in 2008 for the Nintendo DS, campaigning against the treatment of developers by the big console companies, and overshadowed by the incredible success of Minecraft and games like Angry Birds on the iPhone App Store. As far as I can tell, "bob's game"may still be one of the largest games (if not the largest) by one person!

Just as I stated then, I intend it to be the last great "16-bit" game- perhaps the greatest of all!
"bob's game" is a game about a puzzle game called 'bob's game,' developed within the game by the virtual "bob" character, the "final boss" of the game. It is a hybrid between Zelda, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, and Earthbound, with massively multiplayer elements.

The 'bob's game' puzzle game inside the "bob's game" RPG is a puzzle game in which you can build your own puzzle games, including all existing types! It is the greatest puzzle game ever made, and the only puzzle game objectively better than Tetris.

"bob's game," however, is far more than just a game. It is a living work of art, a decade-long art project that spans websites, consoles, videos, music, books, alternate realities, and real-life events. It is a product of the heart. It is a lifelong aspiration and a true tour de force masterpiece. (The work an apprentice makes to become a master.)

It is a game within a game about the development of itself in realtime, paralleled with a real life tournament to coincide with the virtual. "bob's game" blends the line between reality and simulation, and reality and extra-dimensional reality. "bob's game" breaks both the so-called "4th wall" and further yet- the "5th wall," unlocking the secrets of "the Matrix," or "the Womb" as it is referred to in some editions of the Bible.

"bob's game" reveals the nature of the universe for what it really is to a generation that needs it the most. "bob's game" is the most important thing to happen to mankind in hundreds, if not thousands of years.

"bob's game" is the vehicle for a prophecy, written by a "self taught" "genius" "prophet." It carries within it a message that will revolutionize society and change the world. It is the beginning of a new era for mankind.

"bob's game" actually alters reality itself for those who play it. It is a key into another dimension. It teaches the secrets of the heart, the secrets of mind control and psychic power to a generation that has has the wool pulled over their eyes by criminal syndicates.

"bob's game" is the ultimate cult game. It is a new religion for the modern world, inspired by and intended as a natural spiritual successor to previous disguised religiongames such as Earthbound and Zelda and movie retellings of ancient spellbooks such as "The Matrix."

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a game within a game about the development of itself in realtime, paralleled with a real life tournament to coincide with the virtual. "bob's game" blends the line between reality and simulation, and reality and extra-dimensional reality. "bob's game" breaks both the so-called "4th wall" and further yet- the "5th wall," unlocking the secrets of "the Matrix," or "the Womb" as it is referred to in some editions of the Bible.

And you're telling me this hasn't been funded 100 times over yet? I'm shocked, shocked!

Well, not that shocked.

Reactions: Satangel

Ixvael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read the whole Kickstarter page and actually found it an interesting read. But it's just that.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping this guy is just trying to get some cash outta people. It'd be really sad if he really believed in himself at this point.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This person needs actual psychiatrical treatment... and I mean that in a serious way, this is no longer a joke.

Edit: Oh, man... his fucking website... this guy will end up harming somebody.

Reactions: spiral6 and Celice

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In 2008, after demoing it to Nintendo
Stood outside a Nintendo World Story with a DS and a flashcart begging people to play his game.

At the end of 2009, I applied for the Sony PSP after talking to a developer representative at GDC who assured me I would get approved.
A grandma who baked cookies for the events.

At the end of 2009, I applied for the Sony PSP after talking to a developer representative at GDC who assured me I would get approved.
That kid who lied about his uncle working for Nintendo and him having that new secret Final Fantasy game that isn't out yet now lies that's he's a Sony Employee at GDC.

During 2010, I met up with some game industry people who said they would try to help me. They introduced me to the heads of GDC and several companies
The janitors who let him get past security due to bribes

Reactions: Satangel

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched the video that features gameplay or whatever. I noticed that the main character is named Yuu (undoubtedly meant to be pronounced You). I'm sure the author of this thinks that by naming the main character as reading as You, it is a part of what he considers to be mind control and/or hypnosis. Thing is, you aren't going to be reading the gameplay to someone else, if he wants to actually hypnotize someone with a game (which probably can't be done, at least not in the type of game he's presenting), by using subliminal messages and the like, then the character's name should probably be something like Aye (reads as I), this way when you read text in the game you'd be more likely to subconsciously reinforce and implant thoughts into the player's mind.

That is of course if the game worked in the way that he seems to be asserting, which no, it obviously wouldn't. But the fact that I caught that glaring flaw with one immediate view of the video is pretty concerning to the effectiveness of the messages he's trying to convey through his video game.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although I do not condone the posting of animated gifs...

th_dead_horse.gif

deathking

OP
Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love how it was unsuccessful last time he tried, so instead of learning he goes and ups the funding goal by half. Brilliant stuff.

His last kickstarter was to try and get funding from OUYA - it was only for the stand alone puzzle game like tetris

The main game is a rpg which ends in you playing that puzzle game

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well he is trying his best since a long time and news about him and his game are even here in GBATemp longer than most active members ^^V

dunno but somehow I think this is impressing that he still tries so hard to get his work acknowledged ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome