Controlls for Zelda tp

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Digeman, Nov 20, 2006.

Nov 20, 2006

Controlls for Zelda tp by Digeman at 1:55 PM (1,719 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Hey guys. Well I haven't gotten my wii yet but there isn't that much time left and I kinda don't know if i should buy zelda tp for the wii since it probably will feel and be better on the gc. The dealbreaker for me are the controlls. How is it playing zelda tp with the wii-mote/nunchuck. Pros/cons? And please try not to mention anything that can spoil for hardcore zelda fans that haven't even seen any pictures, movies or anything regarding zelda tp [​IMG] (I know I'm insane but i don't want to spoilt anything)

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    I've played through the Zelda demo a few times.

The controls are awesome. They are what sold me on the game, I'm not even a Zelda fan and I'm picking this game up on day one when Wii launches. It feels really satisfying to swipe Link's sword with the motion of my hand.

If Zelda was only coming out for the Gamecube I doubt I'd buy it, the controls make all the difference.

3. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    dose that mean if i spin 360 with the controller, will Link's do 360 sword?

4. Scorpin200

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Naw id rather the regular controls, because it was tailored to the gamecube controller first.

5. bakhalishta

Member bakhalishta my teef hurt

Canada
    fixed [​IMG]

6. Deletable_Man

Member Deletable_Man Old Man

United States
    Honestly, if one knowingly decides to go with the GCN one rather than the Wii, one should die in a fire. You don't have to stick your arm out at the screen all the time, you can just sit back on the couch or whatever and play, occasionally pointing to fire off some arrows, sling some deku nuts, or whatever. And aiming with this, UNLIKE IN RED STEEL, is fucking excellent. I will never ever want to use an analog pad to try to hit a Keese with an arrow again (ugh, OoT...).

Beyond that, I really will punch you in the face for buying the GCN one.

7. yatzr

Member yatzr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    deletable man speaks the truth
    even if the remote wasn't motion sensitive, just having the controller split into two makes a big difference. I can sit/lay/lounge in much more comfortable positions now that my hands don't have to be within 3 inches of each other.

8. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    i sit so lazy with the split design, then again, my back doesn't hurt since i'm actually leaning back in the chair playing now.

9. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    Thank bakhalishta!

I thought that was the idea's in the game [​IMG]

10. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    u suk!!1!! its liek mah opinian dudez an like i cn troll whutever i want becoz ur lame & shoudlnt atack my opninian OK?????
    (WAIT, I GET IT NOW! The little trollop is probably imitating JEFF K. from Something Awful! We simply didn't get his JOEK LAWLZ!)

11. bakhalishta

Canada
    Wait, you mean Lowtax started this whole retarded l33t-speak thing ? I thought it was those retarded AOLers (Just looked up JeffK in the encyclopedia).

(sorry, if there's anyone with half a brain here who uses AOL, I don't mean you [​IMG] ).

12. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    I had an 8 hour marathon of Twilight Princess last night and the controls are AMAZING. You'll love it. There are 4 sword movements you can do.

Strike vertical
    Strike horizontal
    360 spin attack (shake nunchuk)
    z target and hit a to do a jump attack.

There are more, but it is a spoiler:

About 4-5 hours in you'll get to a guy who shows you secret moves, one being a "finish him" sword move, where you hit "a" when an enemy hits the ground, but doesn't die, you do a jump and come directly down through his heart, very cool.

13. serious_sean

Member serious_sean GBAtemp Regular

United States
    gotta say... i think swinging the sword is a pain in the ass. i like the aiming controls, but i wish i could just use a button for the sword. its also a pain in the ass to have that damn fairy reticle all over the screen all the time.

14. bakhalishta

Canada
    I think you can remove that... I remember coming across something like that yesterday. Take a look in the options [​IMG]

15. decript

Member decript A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away

Canada
    I fucking love my Wii and zelda. Monkeyball is pretty awsome too.

@serious_sean: I hated the fairy too, but you can disable it in the options. I think its the 3rd option or something with pointer.

16. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    phew.. that looked like the most annoying thing in gaming history.... good thing u could remove it [​IMG]

17. Deletable_Man

Member Deletable_Man Old Man

United States
    Well here's something that's bugged me. What exactly can you do with the stupid fairy? It seems pretty useless to me.

18. bakhalishta

Canada
    I just discovered that removing the pointer means you have to aim using the analog stick :'(

I have a feeling I might have to endure that fairy a bit longer than anticipated...