Controllers

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sphinx.djc, Jan 15, 2011.

Jan 15, 2011

Controllers by sphinx.djc at 12:50 AM (617 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. sphinx.djc
    OP

Member sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    As much as I am enjoying my Wii (no pun intended) I cannot stand this new nunchuck-controller thing. I hope to God this is only a phase, just like all this motion sensing nonsense for the PS3, and it'll all die down for the next generation systems. I've really tried to like it, but when I tried Goldeneye, I ended up hating it even more. Aiming at the screen is meant for arcades, not for consoles. And I really got a bone to pick with Nintendo for not making the classic controller compatible with all games... Sorry for my rant, but I REALLY do not like the nunchuck-controller setup.

But since Nintendo won't make everything compatible with the classic controller, I have no choice but to use the nunchuck. However, the price for it I think is a bit high (and it doesn't help that I don't like it). Has anyone tried any of the third party nunchuck controllers? I'd like an alternative to the Nintendo one if any are worth it.

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    talk to the game developers. they have the devkit at their disposal. it is up to them to support a controller or not. write them a letter and let them know you are refusing to buy any of their games that do not support the traditional method of playing video games... no pointing at the screen, no waggling, no swinging, no dancing, you only care to press buttons.

if they really believe that they stand to make less money for not supporting us lazy gamers, theyll try harder to add in the stuff for classic and GCN controllers.

3. sphinx.djc
    OP

Member sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So which 3rd party controller are you suggesting?

[​IMG]

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i cant answer that part. all my nunchuks are nintendo made.

5. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't heard of any problem with the nunchuk, but 3rd party controllers are known to have problems with homebrew. That being said, I would get a official controller if you're buying online because a lot of them are crap from china with cheap plastic that breaks very easily. If you're going to gamestop or someplace, any 3rd party controller they sell should be fine.