Controllers for the Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by 2cb2ct7, Jun 9, 2007.

Jun 9, 2007

Controllers for the Wii by 2cb2ct7 at 9:21 AM (849 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. 2cb2ct7
    OP

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I was just wondering if any knows the main differences between the classic controller and the gamecube controller (apart from the obvious physical ones [​IMG]

I'm assuming the classic controller CAN'T be used for gamecube games?

Can the gamecube controller be used for gamecube games AND virtual console games?

Can both the gamecube controller and the classic controller be used for emulated games that are booted from disc/sd adapter?

Thanks a lot people!

2. Akeos

Newcomer Akeos Member

United Kingdom
    The gamecube controller can be used for only some virtual console titles (i think one of them was
    mario kart 64). and the game will specify which controller needs to be used with t he game in the shop channel.

not sure about any emulation, sorry

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    No problem [​IMG]

Btw, my choice would be the Gamecube controller. But you might have to get a Classic Controller some day...

4. Railgun

Member Railgun ( ' _ ' )

Germany
    You can play all Gamecube Games wit the Gamecube Controler [​IMG]

and...

[​IMG]

5. 123kid

Newcomer 123kid Member

Sweden
    I got a Gamecube controller instead of the classic controller, much cheaper if you go for a third party one and more versatile.

6. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    There is currently one game that requires both Gamecube and Wii controllers for a full multiplayer experience.
    Bomberman '93 has a 5 player mode where any combination of wiimotes/classic controllers and Gamecube controllers upto 5 players can play.

I would highly recommend the classic controller if you are playing 2D games, the D-Pad is superior to the Gamecube one, the Hori digital Gamecube pad might be a good alternative if you have one (they are hard to find now).