Controller/Analog Stick Moving by Itself, but not Joy-Con Drift

xHardcoreChildx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I can't find anything online about this.. So in the past year, I thought my son was just blowing through joy cons and that the drift issue was so bad/common that we were just having bad luck. He went through like 5 different sets of joy cons. He is on firmware 13.2.0 running Atmosphere 1.2.5. After installing updates on all of my family's Switches (3 total), I noticed that these controllers do NOT have joy con drift. They work fine on the other consoles, no drift whatsoever. Something is wrong with his calibration and every joy con I plug in just keeps moving down fast, similar to if you were holding the down direction all the way down. When I reboot into Hekate, there are no drift issues and the analog does not move at all. Only in the system menu and during games. Is it possible he has a bad rail? I don't think it could be a software issue. I will try updating his firmware when I have some freetime later, but I highly doubt that is the cause. I also tried the manual calibration settings in the console, and updated the controller software. Neither fixed it. Please help someone! This is crazy.

xHardcoreChildx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this happen when the joycons are disconnected?
Oddly enough, it just stopped doing it out of nowhere. So not sure if it's an intermittent issue? I know it happens to him all the time. So I guess next time he tells me it's moving, I will take them off of the console and see if it still happens wirelessly. It's just really strange it wasn't moving in Hekate or DBI Installer, yet it kept moving down very fast within the main menu, games selection, and in-game, right after exiting Hekate or DBI.

Francesco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I Have the same issue.. sometimes the analogue is going only right.
It happens often in the menu and only in some games. For example in Metroid Dread I am not having any issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1