'Control Ultimate Edition' launches on Steam later this month

control ui.PNG

Control, Remedy Entertainment's hit title, will make its debut on Steam after being available exclusively for PC gamers on Epic Games Store. The game will launch as Control Ultimate Edition, which will contain the base game and both expansions, including the forthcoming AWE which features Alan Wake.

Control Ultimate Edition will first release on Steam priced at £29.99. It will later launch on the Epic Games Store and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on Thursday, September 10. A physical retail release is also planned for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't wait for it to sell more copies in a week than it has in a year on EGS, just for Remedy to make their next PC release a year-long exclusive again anyway. :rolleyes:
even the sales are same, but the profit are NOT, since they have to give more cut to STEAM

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
even the sales are same, but the profit are NOT, since they have to give more cut to STEAM
88% of jack shit is still jack shit. It's more about taking the cash that Epic is offering up front for exclusivity, and then still benefiting from Steam's marketing and exposure to a larger audience anyway.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Last edited by Xzi,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh this game walk into a room enemies appear you kill them and move on. you walk into a room...you get the picture. and zomg the controls it's designed to use a controller but you need to use mk/b for the shooter elements. and they do not mix. glad i only pirated it and never wasted $ on this :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't wait for it to sell more copies in a week than it has in a year on EGS, just for Remedy to make their next PC release a year-long exclusive again anyway. :rolleyes:
I'm curious about that.

The only statement I could find was that they had 17.7 million revenue in sales last November... So after three months (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...P4ZXrz-nutpYNuD9j&ampcf=1&cshid=1597284942129).
So... My guess is that they'll release on epic games first in the future, yes... Probably especially if epic haters buy their game on Steam later anyways.

Reactions: Xzi

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CONTROL is my second favorite non-nintendo game made in the last 10 years, the first being Death Stranding. I loved how fluid Control was (although i was playing on an high end pc), but i saw that the game ran really, really, really poorly on consoles and on lower end pc specs. It was like a better version of that Star Wars game that also ran really really really poor on consoles and lower end pc specs.

Reactions: emigre

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CONTROL is my second favorite non-nintendo game made in the last 10 years, the first being Death Stranding. I loved how fluid Control was (although i was playing on an high end pc), but i saw that the game ran really, really, really poorly on consoles and on lower end pc specs. It was like a better version of that Star Wars game that also ran really really really poor on consoles and lower end pc specs.

Agree. I tried playing it on PS4 and couldn't tolerate how underwhelming it was on terms of the technical experience.

Reactions: _Roxas_ki

Bl4aze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Control, Remedy Entertainment's hit title, will make its debut on Steam after being available exclusively for PC gamers on Epic Games Store. The game will launch as Control Ultimate Edition, which will contain the base game and both expansions, including the forthcoming AWE which features Alan Wake.

Control Ultimate Edition will first release on Steam priced at £29.99. It will later launch on the Epic Games Store and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on Thursday, September 10. A physical retail release is also planned for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

While this game is amazing one of my all time favorites this is a scummy shitty move that you cant upgrade until you buy this version imagine if every time you upgraded your GPU all the sudden one of your games on steam just makes you buy it again or you could buy the ultimate edition and you wouldnt have to buy the game when you upgrade your pc again. Thankfully no pc game does that.

More reasons to get a PC then a ps5 or xsx

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about that.

The only statement I could find was that they had 17.7 million revenue in sales last November... So after three months (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...P4ZXrz-nutpYNuD9j&ampcf=1&cshid=1597284942129).
So... My guess is that they'll release on epic games first in the future, yes... Probably especially if epic haters buy their game on Steam later anyways.
Precisely the reason why "voting with your wallet" is meaningless in this scenario. If sales on Steam are high, they take it to mean there were no consequences for the year-long exclusivity period. If sales are low, they take it to mean that demand is higher on EGS so they made the right choice by going exclusive. There is no way for consumers to properly voice their displeasure with the practice, and that's why Epic throwing around ill-gotten Fortnite money is a cancer on PC gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1