Hacking Contra 4 Save Needed

Mikhal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal problem I guess. My TTDS fails to make a save for Contra 4 so I can't play it. Anyone have a save that'll work with the TTDS that'll make it boot?

Mikhal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless 1.07 isn't the newest one then I should be. Not really sure what the deal is. I am using a Nokia mSD card instead of a Japanese Kingston if that makes a difference.

kfckfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mikhal,

I had the same problem as you. Even though it ask for a sav file, this does not help. The problem is with the rom, the rom is bad. Try to get another one.

Good Luck

jscheibe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
not sure, if anyone is still reading this but it has been covered in another threat but i'll give you a possible solution. If when you load the game you're getting the black screen complaining about no save and to reset the DS try this.

1. Load game and wait for error.
2. Take MicroSD card out of DSTT and put in reader, place in pc and browse to the folder where your games are.
3. Look for a file that says CONTRA 4.SAV(this is the problem file).
4. Rename the file to Contra 4.sav and it should work.

I ran into this problem myself and that is how I remedied the situation and the game runs fine now.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem has a very simple solution. Rename the ROM so that it either has more than 8 characters (not including the ".nds" extension), or so that it doesn't have a space. For example, rename it to "Contra4.nds" or "Contra_4.nds" or "Contra Four.nds".

The DSTT firmware has a bug where it cannot correctly create/find the save file of a ROM with fewer than 8 characters and at least one space in the filename.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1