Hardware Continuous disc read errors across mulitple media

atomiccow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I have a D2B console with a Wiikey.
I've been playing a backup of No More Heroes, and it's great.

I played it for a few minutes initially, went to eat dinner, and left. I forgot my Wii was on. I got home hours and hours later, it was still on, on the screen saying that it can't communicate with the remote. Anyhow, that night, I played on and went to bed.

The next day I had a disc read error maybe 30 minutes after playing. I shrugged, gave it a break, and then played again later, getting another DRE maybe 20-30 minutes in. I think I played it one more time, ending in a disc read error 20-30 minutes in again.

Anyway, I figured it was an unlucky burn, so I put the disc away and burnt another. The other disc worked fine for maybe 40 minutes. Now, I get DRE's with both disc usually within 20 minutes of play.

The discs are two different medias. The first disc was a TDK, the second a Memorex, both DVD-R. I haven't experienced DRE's on other backups (Mario Kart, MP3, Super Mario Sunshine, RE4) and the other backups are a mix of TDK and Memorex DVDs.

I ask you, GBAtemp, is there a problem with my Wii? Did something happen when I left it on? Should I try and burn another backup? Is this a known problem with No More Heroes?
Any help is appreciated.

Hellfenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My wii does the same thing
frown.gif

At first I thought my laser was weakened but SSBB original works fine (and it's a dual layer disc thus requires a laser eye in good shape).
I get DRE more on certain games, No More Heroes is one of them. I also have a wiikey.

atomiccow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. I suppose it's common then, maybe something that needs to be fixed in a Wiikey update?

Any more input is also appreciated.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
It usually only happens to me on Boom Blox, but booting the game through Gecko OS makes it fine. But I haven't tried on the game on 3.2E yet (i've just used the downgrader). Try loading through Gecko OS and see if that works.

atomiccow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
It usually only happens to me on Boom Blox, but booting the game through Gecko OS makes it fine. But I haven't tried on the game on 3.2E yet (i've just used the downgrader). Try loading through Gecko OS and see if that works.

Very good help.
I'll get back with some results.

EDIT: Nope. No success. I thought it was working well, and fought my way up to a boss. As I was walking over to save before the fight, I got a DRE.
Unluckiest timing ever
frown.gif

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
atomiccow said:
Livin in a box said:

Very good help.

EDIT: Nope. No success. I thought it was working well, and fought my way up to a boss. As I was walking over to save before the fight, I got a DRE.
Unluckiest timing ever
frown.gif
What firmware do you have?

atomiccow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
atomiccow said:
Livin in a box said:

Very good help.

Unluckiest timing ever
frown.gif

Wii or Wiikey?
My Wiikey is 1.9s, my Wii is 3.2U I believe. What are the differences between E and U, just regions?

slimpyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i sent my wii to nintendo to "fix" my wii cause it wouldnt read brawl (man was i pissed)

now it seems it takes like 10 tries to load the damn game.... even so, i get read errors in the middle of a transition to a match. what a shitter.

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
atomiccow said:
Livin in a box said:
atomiccow said:
Livin in a box said:

Very good help.

Unluckiest timing ever
frown.gif

Wii or Wiikey?
My Wiikey is 1.9s, my Wii is 3.2U I believe. What are the differences between E and U, just regions?
Yeah, just the different regions. There's no difference between them.

Anyway...I don't know why I asked for your firmware.

When you burnt another version of No More Heroes, was it the same download as your previous disc?

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Ahhh, so its not only me. It happens to me on Mario Kart Wii sometimes too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE