Hacking Continue playing DS lite or wait for my shell.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My DS Lite right hinge is showing signs of breaking off if I continue using it, I ordered a new shell 2 weeks ago and dealextreme has only shipped it off today, I found the crack last week and I have not played with my DS Lite ever since.

Would it be wise for me to continue using it with the crack that has formed (it moves the the right hinge back when I open it) or should just wait for my shell, I am as bored as hell and I really want to play some games.

Another thing, I recall reading that the reason it cracked was because it was overtightened, so should I just not over tighten the hinge when I am replacing the shell so the crack does not form on the new shell?

Final question, is the build quality of the shells below sold by dealextreme shell good quality (would it last me a year at least)?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=919...;hl=replacement

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I say keep using it since you're going to get a replacement. So if it breaks, you can just not worry about it.

That way you can play it till it breaks. During the time period, it will keep you satisfied till the shell gets there.

EDIT: About your second question about the shells durability.

It seems like the people who bought them had no problems. So hopefully they will last you a very long time.
smile.gif

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know, I think its due to stress when opening and closing the or because it was overtightened in the factory.

I got mine in July 2006.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As long as its still together then there is no problem using it, if it breaks completely you can easily break the top screen cable = extra expense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands