Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
220px-Contagion_Poster.jpg

Review: A thriller that centers on a rapidly spreading disease and the panic that in inevitably causes, it's better than I expected. The buildup was strong, and it remained consistent, but the ending was sort of a disappointment since no one really cared for it by the end. The plot was extremely tight and dense, piling on event after even but never being confusing. The thrill was effective for the most part, but there was something missing because I never once touched my face. The editing and cinematography were very stylish and, if needed to be, gloomy. The all-star cast was outstanding, comprising of Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Score: 3/4

Director: Steven Soderbergh
Studio: Participant Media
Distributor: Warner Bros
Release Date: September 9, 2011
Genre: Thriller, Suspense
Cast: Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Gwyneth Paltrow

Rotten Tomatoes: 82% (Tense, tightly plotted, and bolstered by a stellar cast, Contagion is an exceptionally smart—and scary—disaster movie.)
Metacritic: 68

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've sorta been interested in this movie but I wasn't sure if it was just some standard "plague" disaster film that they decided to get a bunch of rather large name actors on or actually something exceptional or even good. I'll be sure to check it out sometime.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You know, I like looking at disaster movies (2012...) and this might be just the right one for me.

Going to buy the bluray for this one.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended