Contagion

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by KingdomBlade, Sep 10, 2011.

Sep 10, 2011

Contagion by KingdomBlade at 12:14 PM (564 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. KingdomBlade
    OP

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    [​IMG]

Review: A thriller that centers on a rapidly spreading disease and the panic that in inevitably causes, it's better than I expected. The buildup was strong, and it remained consistent, but the ending was sort of a disappointment since no one really cared for it by the end. The plot was extremely tight and dense, piling on event after even but never being confusing. The thrill was effective for the most part, but there was something missing because I never once touched my face. The editing and cinematography were very stylish and, if needed to be, gloomy. The all-star cast was outstanding, comprising of Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Score: 3/4

Director: Steven Soderbergh
    Studio: Participant Media
    Distributor: Warner Bros
    Release Date: September 9, 2011
    Genre: Thriller, Suspense
    Cast: Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Gwyneth Paltrow

Rotten Tomatoes: 82% (Tense, tightly plotted, and bolstered by a stellar cast, Contagion is an exceptionally smart—and scary—disaster movie.)
    Metacritic: 68

2. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    It looks pretty good. If I'm in the mood to see a movie in theaters, it sounds like a pretty good option.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yeah, I've sorta been interested in this movie but I wasn't sure if it was just some standard "plague" disaster film that they decided to get a bunch of rather large name actors on or actually something exceptional or even good. I'll be sure to check it out sometime.

4. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    You know, I like looking at disaster movies (2012...) and this might be just the right one for me.

Going to buy the bluray for this one. [​IMG]

5. nexus1556

Newcomer nexus1556 Advanced Member

Canada
    I Saw This Yesterday And I Recomend It To Anyone [​IMG] But I Did Not Understand The Ending...

6. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    I liked it its one of those movies that only half the people who watch it will find it good and the rest will think its terrible.