Constant read errors with wiigator´s gamma

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Jul 20, 2009.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I´m getting constant read errors every time I load a backup disc with Gamma (the DVD has no scratches at all, in fact it runs flawlessly in my friend Wii). I´m using actually IOS249 rev10. I recently change my Wii lens by another new, it read my retailers games just perfect, including SSBB. I wonder if it has to do with rev10.

Anyway what rev of 249 is the best to use with Gamma backup launcher? And of course what is the best Gamma version?

Thanks

2. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Mmm wierd what brand are they burned on

also why use wiigatros when neogamma rev6 by wiipower is so much better

3. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I was kinda absent to the backup scene during my death lens period, I will check neogamma =) thanks, btw it use 249 right? any 249 rev recommended?

I really doubt it has to do with DVD brand, they all were running perfect before.

4. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yep I'm on cios rev 10 and neogamma runs everything on mine. So I guess try it. Don't rule out disk though cuz one batch I bought worked fine the first cuople of weeks then just stopped reading. My computer cldnt even extract the iso from them. Anyways hope it helps

5. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    I know this is not a solution but: use a USB Loader to avoid using your lens

6. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I know, I'd wish jump to USB loader, but I can't afford to a HDD, they're hell expensive here in my country.

7. shadowtroop

Newcomer shadowtroop Advanced Member

United States
    The wii is sensitive to oxidation. If you're not using maxwell/verbatim DVDs then it will not read. only maxwell/verbatim discs are protected from oxidation.

8. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    Try to find a USB dongle, it's cheap (I hope even in Chile) a 4GB is sufficent to play, but you'll have to delete - recopy games if you want to test a lot of games.
    If you find a 8GB you can put easy 4 games on it (games can be 50MB to 3.2GB, average: less than 2GB)
    Good DVD are expensive if like me have more than 100 games and doesn't want to buy them from the internet